Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
GS4 Noble House of Zvenzen (Dave Arneson Day 2019 Release)
gsvenson Wrote:In Svenny's genealogy, I set the marriage date in 994, the same year Elvira was born. Sol was born the next year. I guess, I didn't consider the date when we built the freehold, that might have been a few months later, in real time, around Christmas 1971. I had taken an architectural design class in the fall and used what I learned to do the floor plans of the freehold shortly afterward.

Ah, great. Well, the game events of 1971 fall into the Blackmoor years of 994 and 995, so theoretically, I'd place Svenny's marriage to Ximena "around Christmas" 995. Which would make it totally work for Sol to be born in 996. But that would either mean he was really born before Elvira, or Elvira was Ximena's daughter later adopted by Svenny. I don't think that's a great solution so prolly just switching the birth order and having Elvira born in maybe 997 a year after Sol, might fit the timeline better - but, of course, I'm just musing.
Aldarron Wrote:(2) There is no abbey of Can and Bishop Carr is unlikely to be running an abbey (in retirement?) but Fairfield abbey is not too far and was run by Svenny's companion brother Richard.

Maybe I should rethink this? Bramfield abbey is actually much nearer to Bramwald and would seem to be a natural fit for the "abbey of Can". I guess it is possible that Bishop Carr could have retired to an abbey? What do you guys think?
Aldarron Wrote:
Aldarron Wrote:(2) There is no abbey of Can and Bishop Carr is unlikely to be running an abbey (in retirement?) but Fairfield abbey is not too far and was run by Svenny's companion brother Richard.

Maybe I should rethink this? Bramfield abbey is actually much nearer to Bramwald and would seem to be a natural fit for the "abbey of Can". I guess it is possible that Bishop Carr could have retired to an abbey? What do you guys think?

My initial thinking is that this was an older name for Bramfield. Possibly the locations were moved around a little between the original map and the revised map (both shown in the FFC) too?

BTW: I will try to find time to comment on some of the earlier stuff in this thread later on. This is a great thread! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Well here is a question that may seem arbitrary but I do have a good reason for it.

So, as far as I can tell the last male born a Zvenzen would be Andor in 1013. I don't know if Greg has thought any farther into the future, so let me ask.

If we look ahead about 150 years from 1030 (roughly 1180), is there a Zvenzen?

I'm asking because in the Greyhawk/Blackmoor timeline I did, this is when the Egg of Coot finally conquers Blackmoor and traps a number of Blackmoor nobles inside the Comeback Inn. I'm wondering if a Zvenzen could be among them, or if the house even still exists.
Aldarron Wrote:If we look ahead about 150 years from 1030 (roughly 1180), is there a Zvenzen?
I did run the Zvenzen genealogy up to year 1299. If you message me your email address, I can send you an MS Word document with details. I wasn't aware of the Greyhawk timeline...
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
Thanks Greg, will do.

So the Greyhawk thing is me trying to reconcile Greyhawk Blackmoor with "regular" Blackmoor. In Greyhawk Blackmoor cannon the Egg of Coot finally overruns Blackmoor in "Common Year 540". Long story short, Greyhawk has another calendar system called "the Oeridian Record" that is 644 years different than the CY dates and the Oeridian Record matches perfectly with the standard Blackmoor calender. The Oeridian Record/Blackmoor date the Egg of Coot overruns Blackmoor is 1184.

Here is where I posted about it https://boggswood.blogspot.com/2019/09/b...ecord.html