Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Mythlym's many questions
I really don't plan on asking questions without looking for the answers first. I do not want to bug people with countless questions when a simple search would yield the results.

That said however, If you guys wouldn't mind if from time to time I pick your brains on Blackmoor information I would really appreciate it.

First up is What is the Heraldry for Blackmoor? I could have sworn I have seen it and that seems like a subject that would be easily covered here but I searched and searched and wandered the board and the only thing I found seems to be from Gary's Greyhawk Blackmoor.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wqPnSo-d6yA/X...ckmoor.gif

Is that Dave's Blackmoor Heraldry that Gary used or did Dave have another?
Mythlym Wrote:I really don't plan on asking questions without looking for the answers first. I do not want to bug people with countless questions when a simple search would yield the results.

That said however, If you guys wouldn't mind if from time to time I pick your brains on Blackmoor information I would really appreciate it.

We love questions here! Never be afraid to ask! Smile

Quote:First up is What is the Heraldry for Blackmoor? I could have sworn I have seen it and that seems like a subject that would be easily covered here but I searched and searched and wandered the board and the only thing I found seems to be from Gary's Greyhawk Blackmoor.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wqPnSo-d6yA/X...ckmoor.gif

Is that Dave's Blackmoor Heraldry that Gary used or did Dave have another?

I've seen variations of this before, but I think this comes from Greyhawk lore. I also used this concept for my own Blackmoor Crest here.

I don't think I've seen any specific crest for the Barony of Blackmoor, but the symbol used in the DA modules is the Andahar Hawk. My take on this can be seen here, but Yaz suggested that looked more like an eagle than a hawk and I think we came up with some alternatives somewhere on this forum.

I do think noble (and royal) families use their own crests that are separate from those of their domains?

If Greg, Bob or other resident Original Blackmoor Players know of any other crest designed by Dave, feel free to pitch in! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I don't recall Dave Arneson showing me any heraldry for Blackmoor.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
Awesome design! That is the official Blackmoor Symbol on shields and banners ect for my games! Thank you