Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Unicorns
I came across a description of a Unicorn King in Temple of the Frog (ZGG edition). The character reminds me of the Forest Master from Dragonlance.

Have any of you used Unicorns much in your games?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
The few times I've used unicorns were strictly as NPC's that had a quest (ala the Forest Master from Dragonlance), or as a healer who the party visited in order for their hurt ally (or NPC) could be healed by touching the horn of a unicorn or allowing the unicorn's tears to fall on them. I don't recall ever using them much as an encounter for someone to fight and thankfully the player's were either awed by the beast's beauty (or maybe just worried they would be punished) that they never tried anything so dastardly as kill the unicorn and take the horn. I think one character had the idea, but he was given (in-character) angry look by the party's Paladin (for obvious reasons) and actually the party Rogue who pragmatically noted that the unicorn was providing free healing!
The unicorns from Hitsugi no Chaika were definitely.... not what one might expect.

[Image: main-qimg-f8797a75947f25ba5a43dd3423cef528]

[Image: 1399984865005.png]
Unless one expects one's face to be eaten, that is....

And yes, that's how I'd probably use them.
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog