Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Dave Arneson, ten years gone.
...I'd leave the honor to Havard, but it's already evening in Europe.

Rest in peace, old wizard.
Not sure who's really supposed to carry that torch of yours, but somehow, between all of us, we still manage to keep holding it up.
Thank you for posting this Rafe!

I just posted my own thoughts about Dave, 10 years later here:

Havard's Blackmoor Blog Wrote:On this day, it is 10 years since Dave Arneson passed away. The Co-Creator of D&D is not forgotten. The Blackmoor Fandom, centered around the Comeback Inn and our associated sites are still going strong. We are still releasing the MMRPG modules which are approaching the end of their run soon. In addition, we are continuing the PDF booklets by Greg Svenson. Much more will be happening this year too, so stay tuned for that.

Dave Arneson Day last year was a great success. Can we do even better this year?

The Secrets of Blackmoor Documentary, although not associated with this blog, is coming out later this year. Already it has helped create more attention around Dave Arneson and the Twin City Gamers.

Speaking of the Twin City gamers, it is great to see so many of them coming out to talk about the early days of gaming. There are still so many great ideas there that are worth bringing back into modern day gaming.

Many D&D fans will read about the unfortunate relationship between Dave and TSR, but this was just a small period in Dave's life. His life was too short, but he knew that he had created a legacy that would make millions happy. The last years of his life were spent bringing Blackmoor back and getting the recognition that he deserved. And we fans remember well, 10 years later.

Thank you Dave!
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Time passes so fast... Cry
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
BTW, added a couple of quotes from David Fant and Malia Arneson Weinhagen to the article after I first posted it. Needed to check with them before I added the quotes.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign