Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[5E] Should Afridhi be Humans?
In 3E they made the Afridhi into a rather powerful NPC race resembling man sized fire giants. How would you handle them in a 5E campaign? Could you turn them into a standard human PC race?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
The 3E book says they're 5-foot tall humans, and it included some racial bonuses and abilities for making them a variant human. They received an extra feat, for example.

I would make them a human subclass using the human variant option in 5E, with +1 in STR and CON and one feat at first level. The Martial Adept feat would be ideal. To capture their fire cult tendencies and their overwhelming strength for their size, I would give them resistance to fire damage (Zugzul's Blessing) and perhaps advantage on all Strength (Athletics) checks (Physical Powerhouse). I would also give them racial proficiencies in Athletics and Intimidation, along with weapon proficiency in the battleaxe, longsword and longbow. Per the 3E book, they would also get a bonus language of Afridhi combat whistles.
Greg Wrote:The 3E book says they're 5-foot tall humans, and it included some racial bonuses and abilities for making them a variant human. They received an extra feat, for example.

I would make them a human subclass using the human variant option in 5E, with +1 in STR and CON and one feat at first level. The Martial Adept feat would be ideal. To capture their fire cult tendencies and their overwhelming strength for their size, I would give them resistance to fire damage (Zugzul's Blessing) and perhaps advantage on all Strength (Athletics) checks (Physical Powerhouse). I would also give them racial proficiencies in Athletics and Intimidation, along with weapon proficiency in the battleaxe, longsword and longbow. Per the 3E book, they would also get a bonus language of Afridhi combat whistles.

I had forgotten that they were supposed to be short as well. I typically don't use the human variant option, since I don't allow feats in my 5E campaign (I like things simple), but I like the idea of fire damage resistence and of course the combat whistles.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign