Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Of Feywild and fey spirits
In my campaign, I want to feature an archfey (4e term for a powerful fey spirit) as an antagonist for my players. However, I don't know how they were (or if they were) implemented in earlier versions of Blackmoor. Does any fey spirit already exist in the campaign?

Is there any mention of a fairy land before the 4e sourcebook introduced the concept of the Feywild?

Any help would be appreciated :wink:
Great topic!

Let's break it down based on the different eras of Blackmoor:

Original Campaign (1970s)
Not sure about a specific Fey world, but the Wizard of the Woods has various fey creatures under his command, including Pixies and Treants (Ents). The superberry woods and the woods of the Wizard of the Woods do seem close to the Fey in nature. Pixies, Sprites and Fairies are mentioned in the FFC. Fairies are listed in brackets next to elves. In Adventures in Fantasy, Faerries is a playable race of gosammer winged humanoids. In the Richard Snider appendix of the FFC, Fairies are noted to have a "nose for gold".

DA Modules (1986-87)
Pixies and fairies are said to flee the Thonian Empire. Many are drawn to Blackmoor. Gakkaraks (A kind of elder Treants) live near the Duchy of Ten and elsewhere.

3E/4E Blackmoor/ ZGG Era (2003-2009)
Fey Lord introduced as a Prestige Class allowing elves and others to gain command of Fey and other spirits.

MMRPG (unofficial, 2003-2009)
Fey world named Ephemereal Realm. Various adventures are connected to this plane of existence. The Fey Queen, Fey mounds etc. More details here.

Now, Rob will have more for you I'm sure... Wink

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I took the idea outlined in the DA series -- that they fey's last area of influence was the wilds of the North -- and sort of ran with it.

I've written up the fey as largely chaotic beings, and as Thonia expanded, the influence of law and order was nearly as toxic to the fey as the steel developed by Men.

The fey play a rather large roll in my writeup of Blackmoor's history. The Wizard of the Woods brokered a deal between Uther and the Fey queen of the Twilight Kingdom to secure Castle Blackmoor from the orcs, and then aided Uther in his rebellion against the Emperor of Thonia.

That Uther emerged from hiding with twin daughters in tow sort of attests to just how deep the alliance between Blackmoor and the Twilight Kingdom had become....

You can read up on this at Havard's blog, and my own as well.
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
I like the idea. Somewhat, the Feywild of Blackmoor would be limited, like the Feywild of Dark Sun in 4e.

Thanks for the links and ideas.