Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
What do we know about Tangor?
Off the top of my head, I know that Tangor is a jungle region (kingdom?) on the southern border of the Thonian Empire and, for the Emperor, is a bit of a thorn in the side, perhaps just as like Blackmoor is, but on the northern border.
I also know that its inhabitants are called Tanogoro.

Is there anything else interesting in Tangor (canon or fanon)?
Could it become the scenario for the adventures of a Blackmoorian hero, perhaps on a diplomatic mission?
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:Off the top of my head, I know that Tangor is a jungle region (kingdom?) on the southern border of the Thonian Empire and, for the Emperor, is a bit of a thorn in the side, perhaps just as like Blackmoor is, but on the northern border.
I also know that its inhabitants are called Tanogoro.

Is there anything else interesting in Tangor (canon or fanon)?
Could it become the scenario for the adventures of a Blackmoorian hero, perhaps on a diplomatic mission?

The name Tangor became introduced into Blackmoor canon via the Mystara lore. In Dave Arneson's campaign, this region is known in some sources as The Jungle Realm. Or rather, I am making the assumption that the Jungle Realm and Tangor are the same. The Jungle Realm could refer to Tekumel or something else for all I know.

However, we know from the FFC that one of the early Barons of Blackmoor, Lord Balfred the Bald, ventured there and brought back a strange Jungle Beast which eventually ate its master IIRC.

From DA1, we know that some dark skinned people are known to Thonians as Bolgers. Skandros the Strangler is a Bolger. I named one of the Tangor regions Bolgerie based on that concept.

I also linked my story about Marcellius and the Dog Duke to Tangor to Tangor. It is also connected to some characters briefly mentioned in the FFC.

I might have more later Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Thanks! Smile
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.