Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Blackmoor dungeon history
Getting back to the original topic. Here is how I see the Eras mentioned in Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor

1st Era - Cthonic Era - 3.000 years before the founding of Thonia.
2nd Era - Lost Era - 2.000 years before the founding of Thonia
3rd Era - Rule of Dragons 1.000 years before the founding of Thonia
4th Era - Rule of Giants - 500 years before the founding of Thonia
5th Era - Era of Bronze/Tablets of Law - Year 1. Robert of Geneva.
6th Era - Era of Iron/Decline of Elves - 512 Destruction of the Temple of Id.
7th Era - The Thonian Empire - 830 - End of the Mage Wars
8th Era - The Kingdom of Blackmoor - 985 with the Birth of Uther Andahar

The Maiden's Timeline is a bit more stretched out in the Pre-History, but I dont know whether the Dungeons of Blackmoor should be affected by that. I guess I could have linked the Rule of Dragons to some of the references in that timeline for instance?

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Why a Bronze age? Does that mean that sar aigu, giants and the like didn't use iron either? Doesn't that seem a little odd? Generally, with fantasy settings I just assume the gods or whatever taught medieval technologies to people, or the elves envented through magic etc.
Aldarron Wrote:Why a Bronze age? Does that mean that sar aigu, giants and the like didn't use iron either? Doesn't that seem a little odd? Generally, with fantasy settings I just assume the gods or whatever taught medieval technologies to people, or the elves envented through magic etc.

Its from Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor. I'm assuming its the humans who are in the Bronze Age though, not neccessarily other races. Different worlds do things differently of course, but especially for Blackmoor, I think the element of technological advancement is an important feature.

Havard
Right. I should have remembered that. Personally I think that's something I will choose to ignore in my simplified timeline. It does beg to be explained though and could lead to a whole setup for adventure backgrounds for your world.
Aldarron Wrote:Right. I should have remembered that. Personally I think that's something I will choose to ignore in my simplified timeline. It does beg to be explained though and could lead to a whole setup for adventure backgrounds for your world.

I dont see the particular Bronze Age as that much of a deal, but in general I love settings with a rich history as that just adds to the adventure potential. This is another reason why I like Mystara so much. With so many lost civilizations, there is always enough background to borrow for a dungeon or a lost artifact. Smile

Havard
*bump*

Havard Wrote:Getting back to the original topic. Here is how I see the Eras mentioned in Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor

1st Era - Cthonic Era - 3.000 years before the founding of Thonia.
2nd Era - Lost Era - 2.000 years before the founding of Thonia
3rd Era - Rule of Dragons 1.000 years before the founding of Thonia
4th Era - Rule of Giants - 500 years before the founding of Thonia
5th Era - Era of Bronze/Tablets of Law - Year 1. Robert of Geneva.
6th Era - Era of Iron/Decline of Elves - 512 Destruction of the Temple of Id.
7th Era - The Thonian Empire - 830 - End of the Mage Wars
8th Era - The Kingdom of Blackmoor - 985 with the Birth of Uther Andahar

I figured the above might be relevant for the Stone Age thread.

-Havard