Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
No Frog Men from WotC
https://www.sageadvice.eu/2017/04/28/wi ... -man-race/

When asked whether a Frog-Man race would ever be released for 5th Edition, Chris Perkins' response was:

Chris Perkins Wrote:How about a halfling in a frog suit?

I don't want to seem like I am bashing WotC, but this reminds me of their discussion about Tortles via Twitter where Mike Mearls insisted that Tortles were way too silly. I have mentioned this before, but I think WotC are making a mistake about trying to take an uber serious approach to D&D. Especially if this means not publishing iconic creatures, races and characters.

On the other hand we did end up getting a Tortle package afterall, so maybe Frog-Man PCs could show up eventually? Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Man... gotta say. Gripplis and Minotaur (fortunately Southland Heroes by Kobold Press has got my Minotuar fix).

Actually, Southland Heroes I think could solve any Frog-man/Grippli issues you might have. They have a 'Saurian' entry, which on the surface is dealing with Lizardfolk. However! One of the alternative racial traits is called a 'Pygmy' which on one hand could be a 'small Lizardfolk' or you could describe/view them as Lizardfolk's fellow amphibians, the Grippli.
Havard Wrote:...but I think WotC are making a mistake about trying to take an uber serious approach to D&D. Especially if this means not publishing iconic creatures, races and characters.
This is the company that put the flumph in the Monster Manual.

The entirety of the back catalog of 1st-4th edition to pick from, mind you.
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
What kind of frog-men are you looking for?

The MM has bullywug & the slaadi, VGtM has Grung, but I can't find any Grippli. Aside from any "Frog Men" race for players, I can't think of any other frog 'men'.
Yes, whoever it was called it. It was just the same trick they pulled with the Tortles. Lets trash talk them on twitter and say we hate this race and then release it anyway once the buzz has been created.

At least it is for charity.

The Grung: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/223738

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign