Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
ESO Morrowind Trailer Good Illustration for Blackmoor?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exjZUJ9fGfg

I like the machine meets fantasy as illustrated here. I have often thought about using Elder Scrolls Dwarven Vaults as a representation for Blackmoor Technology.

What do you think? Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Yeah, I can see that as late-generation Blackmoor "tech."

One pet peeve about most cutscenes, though, is the still-lacking sense of weight or resistance in both the leaping heroes, as well as the hopping, jumping mechs. Also, impacts. There is almost no sense of inertia. "Oh, let me smack this thing rolling towards me at 30 miles per hour with my sword and still stand my ground." :roll:

Also, why does towering baddie at the end have such a teensy-weensy head??
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
RobJN Wrote:Yeah, I can see that as late-generation Blackmoor "tech."

Yes, probably better for late generation tech. I agree.

Quote:One pet peeve about most cutscenes, though, is the still-lacking sense of weight or resistance in both the leaping heroes, as well as the hopping, jumping mechs. Also, impacts. There is almost no sense of inertia. "Oh, let me smack this thing rolling towards me at 30 miles per hour with my sword and still stand my ground." :roll:

Isn't this what happens at higher levels? Smile Possibly with boots of leaping and striding?

Quote:Also, why does towering baddie at the end have such a teensy-weensy head??

He's clearly played by a Munchkin Wink

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
The main author of the newer TES series is Bruce Nesmith, the D&D author. I think his main inspiration for his TES work were both the Ithkar series (Morrowind borrows, like, a lot from it, including the trinity of gods), and, for Oblivion, and Skyrim, he draws pretty deep into concepts that are somewhat reminding me of Dragonlance. (I started out as a Taladas DM, so "Weirdlance" is about straight up my alley, and the Dragons of Skyrim and the Dragonlords of Krynn do bear some similarities.)

As to the Dwemer culture being a good model for BM, I completely agree. Especially the vampire quests and the Thieves Guild in Skyrim quests are pretty much how I would bring Blackmoor to the screen. - As to this trailer, in particular, I'm a bit skeptical, because Morrowind is so much weirder than Blackmoor.

That island in the last Skyrim expansion, Solsteinsomethingsomething, I have to confess that this one was pretty much Blackmoor come to life, for me. From the glowing stones in the ground, to the wild people, to the Ash goblins. I'm not much of a gamer, any more, but I was pretty sad that the expansion was so short, because that was straight up the game I wanted to play.
The bear is carrying the load in this party. Love-love-luuuuuurve the bear! F*** yeah, Bear Cavalry! :wink:

I know next to nothing about video games, but the visuals here are pretty damn good, even if the chick has red eyes. Oh, she's a vampire PC? :| I never cared for vampires as PCs.

Robots activated by mech/tech traps. Cool. 8)

The big bad at the end has a small head because its a giant dwarf. :lol:
bobjester Wrote:I know next to nothing about video games, but the visuals here are pretty damn good, even if the chick has red eyes. Oh, she's a vampire PC? :| I never cared for vampires as PCs.

No, she's a dark elf. Elder Scrolls vampires have glowing yellow eyes. Dark elves have red eyes. Dark elves (the Dunmer) are the primary inhabitants of Morrowind.

(That said, one of my main Skyrim PCs was a dark elf vampire, though her vampirism was eventually cured and her eyes reverted from yellow back to red).