Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
S.o.B Interview at tabletopterror.com
Curious to see what you guys think of this interview with the guys behind the Secrets of Blackmoor documentary project:

http://tabletopterrors.com/gygax-vs-arn ... aled-2017/

Fortunately, the comments are much more balanced than the title suggests Smile

And he was nice enough to drop a link to this place.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:Curious to see what you guys think of this interview with the guys behind the Secrets of Blackmoor documentary project:

http://tabletopterrors.com/gygax-vs-arn ... aled-2017/

Fortunately, the comments are much more balanced than the title suggests Smile

And he was nice enough to drop a link to this place.

-Havard

Full disclosure, here: I was extensively interviewed for this film, but I think that most of my footage wound up on the cutting room floor - with my full approval, I should note - and I think I'm listed as a research source.

Liked the interview; it's a good look at the film. I thought that they were pretty even-handed, and concentrating on Dave was a good approach; look at all the other Lake Geneva-oriented films in production. I think people will like this film, even as they learn things that they never knew - and that we've known for decades, but never asked...
chirine ba kal Wrote:Full disclosure, here: I was extensively interviewed for this film, but I think that most of my footage wound up on the cutting room floor - with my full approval, I should note - and I think I'm listed as a research source.

Liked the interview; it's a good look at the film. I thought that they were pretty even-handed, and concentrating on Dave was a good approach; look at all the other Lake Geneva-oriented films in production. I think people will like this film, even as they learn things that they never knew - and that we've known for decades, but never asked...

Very interesting! Do you think there will be a chance that your interview will be included as bonus material or something like that? I would love to see it!

And I agree with you, it looks like this documentary is going to take a very balanced approach and at the same time offer details that sadly have been ignored by most for the last decades.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
chirine ba kal Wrote:Full disclosure, here: I was extensively interviewed for this film, but I think that most of my footage wound up on the cutting room floor - with my full approval, I should note - and I think I'm listed as a research source.

Very interesting! Do you think there will be a chance that your interview will be included as bonus material or something like that? I would love to see it!

And I agree with you, it looks like this documentary is going to take a very balanced approach and at the same time offer details that sadly have been ignored by most for the last decades.

-Havard

That's up to the film's makers; I'm happy with what ever they want to do. My interviews got cut because I come into the story after the main focus of the film; I was mostly background and research information.

Agreed; you're getting the Twin Cities part of the story as well as the Lake Geneva part, and I think you'll be fascinated by the whole thing.
Chirine!
Actually it is likely that a couple of clips of you will appear in the film. I think some of your minis will definitely make the cut.

We really need to go down to your game room -- The underworld of Jakalla awaits!

Havard,
Every time we see someone write that this film should be balanced we laugh. It's such a vague statement. Our true goal is to make this movie corrugated aluminum sheet!

Big Grin
Secrets of Blackmoor Wrote:Chirine!
Actually it is likely that a couple of clips of you will appear in the film. I think some of your minis will definitely make the cut.

We really need to go down to your game room -- The underworld of Jakalla awaits!

Havard,
Every time we see someone write that this film should be balanced we laugh. It's such a vague statement. Our true goal is to make this movie corrugated aluminum sheet!

Big Grin

Oh, very cool! Glad to be of help! If I may ask, would it be possible for me to get a copy of my 'raw' footage for my archives? If not, no big deal; it's your film, not mine! Smile

You are all quite welcome here; the game room is always ready for adventures! Smile
Chirine, I will talk to you off line about it.
Secrets of Blackmoor Wrote:Havard,

Hehe, I guess it is pretty vague.
I think with each of these documentaries and books coming out about the history of D&D, many people are worried about projects that try to play up unneeded controversy. I was not too worried about that happening with this project, but the interview's title did tease that. We don't need emotions clouding the real research going on here. What makes me excited about this project is that it promises to tell a story that has not been told before beyond what we have done in this community.

-Havard
Secrets of Blackmoor Wrote:Chirine, I will talk to you off line about it.

Great! If you can, you can; if you can't, you can't. It's the archivist in me talking, wanting to have a copy of all the data... Big Grin