Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
John Snider -Egg of Coot Campaign
Sounds like a good idea to me.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Havard Wrote:
finarvyn Wrote:Now that we have a half-dozen threads (or more if there are some old ones floating around) on John's campaign, any chance that we could have a section of the boards where his stuff can all be moved? I'm afraid that there might be some stuff I miss somehow.

That is a great suggestion. However, I am also worried about creating too many sections here at these boards that see activity for a brief time and then die out. One idea we have talked about in the Admin Group is a section called Twin Cities Campaigns. This could include The Egg of Coot campaign, but also Fred's World, John Snider's Star Empires Campaign, the various Braunstein games etc.

What do you think about this? Smile

-Havard
Isn't that what the "original Blackmoor" section really is supposed to represent?
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
finarvyn Wrote:
Havard Wrote:
finarvyn Wrote:Now that we have a half-dozen threads (or more if there are some old ones floating around) on John's campaign, any chance that we could have a section of the boards where his stuff can all be moved? I'm afraid that there might be some stuff I miss somehow.

That is a great suggestion. However, I am also worried about creating too many sections here at these boards that see activity for a brief time and then die out. One idea we have talked about in the Admin Group is a section called Twin Cities Campaigns. This could include The Egg of Coot campaign, but also Fred's World, John Snider's Star Empires Campaign, the various Braunstein games etc.
Isn't that what the "original Blackmoor" section really is supposed to represent?

Originally I placed these ort of topics in The Original Blackmoor Campaign (Members Only), but I think it makes sense to keep that forum strictly about the Blackmoor campaign run by Dave Arneson. While the Twin City Gamers and their creativity is closely linked to that campaign, I think it might be useful to have a separate forum for the campaigns organized by the other players. It is difficult to figure out where to draw the line sometimes since there is a lot of overlap, but we will just try to figure that out.

This way we can give more attention to Arneson's players and what they did when they were not playing in Blackmoor Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Now that we know that John Snider controlled the Egg of Coot during the Coot Invasion scenarios, this makes even more sense. 8)

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Is there any update on this? Is any of the material from John's Egg of Coot campaign available on the forums or elsewhere?

I've always wondered how much Dave developed the Egg of Coot. I remember reading somewhere that he may have known more about the Egg than was ever revealed in the campaign, but the Egg's true nature remained a mystery. I'm curious how John Snider may have envisioned the Egg and whether he drew on any ideas or material that Dave might have passed on to him.