Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Castle Blackmoor model
Hi
I have been fiddling with a foam core model of Castle Blackmoor based upon the First Fantasy Campaign floorplans and Burg Branzoll.

Should the model have a roof like Burg Branzoll or more flat roof with parapets. From what I have read a Burg Branzoll model was the inspiration for Castle Blackmoor but I am leaning toward parapets myself.

This is the first rough test model.
[Image: IMG_20160812_222250_zps6j5gqak8.jpg]

---

I just noticed this is my first post!!! Hi everyone :mrgreen:
Welcome!
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Thanks
Hello Werdegast!

First of all, welcome to the Comeback Inn! Smile

If you have the time later, feel free to introduce yourself in the Hello Thread!

May I also say though, that I just LOVE what you are doing with this model!

Castle Blackmoor was indeed based on Brandzoll Castle. I don't know what would be best of parapets and a roof. I even tried to create a 3D model where I wanted to combine the features of Bradzoll and the castle depicted on
the cover of the OD&D Supplement II at one point, but I never managed to make it good enough to be worth sharing.

Please post updates on this project!

Have you been making other models as well?

Are you currently running a Blackmoor campaign? Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Thanks for the encouragement.

I was working on a simple Sketchup model but it is very rough. This is the first foam core and first Sketchup model I have tried.

Earlier in the summer I started DMing for my sons (5 and 9). It was the first time I have played in probably fifteen or sixteen years.

So far we have only been playing some short dungeon crawls.
werdegast Wrote:Thanks for the encouragement.

I was working on a simple Sketchup model but it is very rough. This is the first foam core and first Sketchup model I have tried.

Very cool. I like that you start with Blackmoor. I also tried using Sketchup, but I have no talent for physical model building. What I tried to do was basically to make the towers longer so that the silhouette might resemble this:

[Image: ArnesonBlackmoorSupplementIICover.jpg]

Quote:Earlier in the summer I started DMing for my sons (5 and 9). It was the first time I have played in probably fifteen or sixteen years.

So far we have only been playing some short dungeon crawls.

That is great!

Think they are up for the dungeons of Castle Blackmoor, or the Temple of the Frog any time soon? Smile

-Havard
werdegast Wrote:Earlier in the summer I started DMing for my sons (5 and 9). It was the first time I have played in probably fifteen or sixteen years.
So envy!!! Big Grin
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
I have been trying to get my nephews interested but so far no luck.

Is anyone ever ready for Temple of the Frog?
werdegast Wrote:I have been trying to get my nephews interested but so far no luck.

Ahh, keep trying man Smile

Quote:Is anyone ever ready for Temple of the Frog?

Hehe, good point :twisted:

What were your previous dungeon crawls about then? Did you include any Blackmoor-ish weirdness?

Did you have a big baddie?

What was the party like?

-Havard
So far I have been lazy and generated crawls using the Wizardawn site.

Nothing too weird. I did drop what could be a couple of Klingon skulls in a dungeon but nothing else really stands out to me now.

The five year old is still having a hard time focusing on the game. That could be because we have been using LEGO Minifigures for miniatures. :lol:
I was never a big mini person but will probably switch them to some paper minis before long.

We have no overarching goal or ultimate enemy at this time either.

They boys have both been playing fighting-men so far. I have used an NPC cleric to help them along.
When my wife plays she has used an elf as a magic-user. They have learned to not rely upon magic for too much help since she comes and goes. The in game reason is that her character teleports in and out of the game to take care of "magic-user business".

Havard Wrote:
werdegast Wrote:I have been trying to get my nephews interested but so far no luck.

Ahh, keep trying man Smile

Quote:Is anyone ever ready for Temple of the Frog?

Hehe, good point :twisted:

What were your previous dungeon crawls about then? Did you include any Blackmoor-ish weirdness?

Did you have a big baddie?

What was the party like?

-Havard