Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
The Westryn Elf Spirit War
As is revealed in the d20 Dave Arneson's Blackmoor Campaign Setting, the Westryn Elves are involved in a hidden conflict involving undead or outer planar forces. I believe this was actually also hinted at in earlier material including DA4 the Duchy of Ten as well, even if the name Westryn was not yet introduced.

Questions:
1) What is known about this Spirit War from published material?

2) What is the connection between the Westryn Curse and the Spririt War? My impression is that they are two separate things. IMC, the Curse came from the Elf King (Uhlmar) and the Black Queen's attempts at removing the curse through dark or experimental magic opened the gates that caused the war.

3) What have you done with the Spirit War in your campaigns or how would you use it in future campaigns? I know the LFC dealt with this issue. Not sure about the MMRPG?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Quote:1) What is known about this Spirit War from published material?

The Sprit War seems to be an incursion from other planes and involves an invasion to the Prime Material Plane by undead. Westryn are in general hateful towards undead. Most likely the Black Queen opened a gate to some dark plane allowing the undead access. This gate is likely found in the Lost City of the Westryn, which by published material is most likely found in the Wild Realm.

Quote:2) What is the connection between the Westryn Curse and the Spririt War? My impression is that they are two separate things. IMC, the Curse came from the Elf King (Uhlmar) and the Black Queen's attempts at removing the curse through dark or experimental magic opened the gates that caused the war.

This.

Quote:3) What have you done with the Spirit War in your campaigns or how would you use it in future campaigns? I know the LFC dealt with this issue. Not sure about the MMRPG?

When we had a Westryn in the Vales Campaign, I was toying with the idea of incorporating some of this with that campaign. Less likely to happen now, though there was alot of elven history woven into the backstory of the Vales that was never used.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign