Hi all,

What an amazing find I made on the web:

http://abroere.xs4all.nl/pnp/books.htm

As it appears, the game is still alive and kicking! :-D

Go check it out! *Dances around!* Soooo cooool! :-D

Yours,

Rafael

Richard Snider
Blackmoor is not part of the Powers and Perils world. As Greg said, part of the reason was I made my own world. The other is I produced the work while working for someone. Making tacit references to a competitors product in mine would not be prefessional or, I think, wise.

As to the rewrite mentioned, I have looked into the rights for my game. Wizards of the West Coast told me to get lost. That means the second edition start I made is for those interested in the game only. It can only be found on Wout Broere's site. There will be no publication of it.

At this point in time, if I got back into serious FRP work it wouldn't be paper and pencil. I'd get some real programmers backing me up and put it out as a computer mega-opus. Would be damn interesting. :razz: :-D

Richard L. Snider

Gsvenson:
Hi Richard,
It is nice to see that you found Rafael's forum's site.

I hope we can do better at staying in contact!

Your friend,
Greg

Rafael:
Welcome, Mr Snider! Smile

I enjoyed reading about your heroic deeds as a Blackmoor player and read a bit into your P&P material, which I happened to like so much I instantly installed a sub-board here. Smile

Richard Snider wrote:
Blackmoor is not part of the Powers and Perils world. As Greg said, part of the reason was I made my own world. The other is I produced the work while working for someone. Making tacit references to a competitors product in mine would not be prefessional or, I think, wise.

From what I read, I couldn't have told any but superficial similarities to Blackmoor. The Indian-style cultures reminded me a bit of Blackmoor's Peshwa, but apart from that, I could find few thing s that were comparable. Smile

Richard Snider wrote:
As to the rewrite mentioned, I have looked into the rights for my game. Wizards of the West Coast told me to get lost. That means the second edition start I made is for those interested in the game only. It can only be found on Wout Broere's site. There will be no publication of it.

So, WoTC owns that license as well? - What a mess... However, the P&P website that hosts your material is very well done, and seems to cover a lot of topics about the setting and the game. Smile So, at least P&P is not lost to the gaming community.

Richard Snider wrote:
At this point in time, if I got back into serious FRP work it wouldn't be paper and pencil. I'd get some real programmers backing me up and put it out as a computer mega-opus. Would be damn interesting. :razz: :-D

I took some time to read into the culture book and must say that the setting sounded very interesting to me. I will most definitely use it for my next campaign! ...If only WotC wasn't so unfriendly about IP. (As you might have noticed, another classic gaming line I like a lot is DragonQuest from SPI, on which WotC likewise holds the IP lock.)

Yours,

Rafael

Tgamemaster1975:

Rafael,
Thanks for the great link and Great site you have here. I am quite enthused to have found that it also has not one but two players from Dave Arneson's own campaign. It has always been difficult to find out much about Dave's campaign.

I have a copy of The First Fantasy Campaign(copyright 1977 92 pages), The First Fantasy Campaign (copyright 1980 64 pages smaller print) and Adventures in Fantasy(acquired after unsuccessfully bidding on the copy Richard sold) and a copy of Powers & Perils that I purchased after exchanging a few emails with Richard. RL prevented me from following up on those emails and will limit my time on hear for the near future.

I hope to be able to participate in what I hope will be a long and fruitful conversation here.

Cheers to all,
Tgamemaster1975
David

Gsvenson ( Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:57 am )
Richard Snider passed away peacefully last night after battling cancer.

Havard:
I'm sorry to hear this. I have only recently began investigating Richard's impact on RPG history. There are so many questions I would have liked to ask him. My thoughts go to his friends and family.

I wrote a eulogy of sorts on my blog. Hope it doesn't come off as disrespectful.

Rest in Peace.

Gsvenson:
Nicely done, thanks Havard. Richard was also a Sci-Fi author, having written about 35 novels, although only one, The Leather Rose, was actually published.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Here is his obituary:

Richard Leonard Snider
Mr. Snider, age 56, of Mint Hill, died Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at his home. Born August 29, 1953 in Albuquerque, NM, he was a son of the late Leonard Alfred Snider and Elizabeth Moody Snider. Mr. Snider was a self-employed landscaper.
A prayer service will be held 11:00 a.m. Saturday, November 21, 2009 at St. Luke's Catholic Church.
Survivors include his wife of six years, Najwa; and eight siblings, Paul, John, Clare, Richard, Kathy, Mary, Tom and George. In addition to his parents, Mr. Snider was preceded in death by a brother, Peter.
You may join in celebrating the life of Richard Leonard Snider by visiting his memorial at www.MeM.com. Through the personal Guest Book on this site, you are invited to share your thoughts and memories with his family.
Arrangements by McEwen Funeral Service - Mint Hill Chapel, 7428 Matthews-Mint Hill Road, Charlotte, NC 28227 (704-545-4864).
Published in Charlotte Observer on November 20, 2009

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign