Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[WFI Repost] Cumasti Settlements in the North
http://wayfarer.myfreeforum.org/viewtop ... f=40&t=306

Hi all,

Just wondering: In the many, many BM publications,
are other names for Cumasti settlements in the Elven Woods given but Ringlo Hall and Cicatri Down?

Yours,

Rafael

Gsvenson:
Not that I am aware of. However, I would wager that there are a few in the various MMRPG modules that have been published. I just have not played/read them so I don't know for sure.

Rafael:
Smile Thank you - I just wrote the passge on Erdath in the last GW post, and thought something like *Hell, is there just ONE elven town everybody knows of?* Smile

Havard:
There are only about 1,300 Cumasti living outside of Ringlo Hall. Subtract the population of Cicatri and the rest are likely spread out between villages of no more than 100 elves per village. So about 10 small villages spread throughout the Redwoods. Outside of that forest, most woodlands seem to be dominated by Westryn, though Cumasti are found living in many Westryn and human communities.

Rafael:
Smile Thanks! - Now, that depresses me a bit... IMC, I think I will work with the premise that there are at least six or seven other elven communities out there that are more than just thorps. What they're like etc I think is something I will leave to the players. Smile

Havard:
That doesnt seem like too much of a stretch. Canon doesnt specify the size of the villages. My assumption was simply based on the fact that they dont appear on the map, and the fact that only a limited number of elves live in the Redwood, outside of Ringlo. Feel free to share what you and your players come up with Smile

Rafael:

I am not really sure how to set this up - guess I'll just borrow some elven town names from LotR, and then insert them there. Smile What about a Blackmoorian "Gondolin", for example?

- Since the Company of the Maiden/ "We are the Hammer of the Gods!" is currently stuck deep in the Duchy of Ten, this question will probably not show up too soon... Smile

Havard:
That would work, but personally I prefer new made-up names. Instead of Gondolin, you could make it Gondothael for example...

Rafael:
Gondothael... *Recorded and stolen!* :razz:

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign