Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
The Invulnerable Coat of Arn
Quote:THE INVULNERABLE COAT OF ARN
This relic of a bygone age is a shining coat of chainmail. It covers the chest and abdomen and will fit any humanoid-type regardless of size. It renders the areas protected completely invulnerable to physical attacks, protects the wearer from spells like +5 armor, from fire like a ring of fire resistance and from the effects of acid, cold and disease totally. It also has two powers from TABLE I. one from TABLE IV, and one from TABLE III.

Suggested powers:
TABLE I: IJ, IP
TABLE III: III D
TABLE IV: IV G

Actual powers:

The above is taken from D&D Supplement III: Eldritch Wizardry (1976) p 40. A tribute to Arneson? Taken from Dave's campaign? The Ring of Gaxx is another item from the same book so...

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I believe that most of the artificats are from Gary's Greyhawk campaign. I'm not sure about the Invulnerable Coat.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
finarvyn Wrote:I believe that most of the artificats are from Gary's Greyhawk campaign. I'm not sure about the Invulnerable Coat.

It could still be created by Gary, but perhaps as a tribute to Dave.

OTOH, I have a theory about another artifact, the Orbs of Dragonkind, that they were inspired by Dave's adventure in The City of Father Dragon. OTOH, as this adventure was rather late in Dave's campaign, it is also possible that he used the item from Supplement III.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Hmmm, the "conform to the wearer" aspect seems not unlike the blue rider's armor that he could not remove. I wonder it was inspired by that. It could certainly work stat wise.