The Official Connection between Blackmoor and the Wilderlands

Rafael:
Hi all,

Just checked my JG pdfs and was lucky to find the following:

[Image: BMMap.jpg]

This is from the "Island Book I". Smile

Pretty clear as to how the old JG designers wanted to implement BM. Smile

Maybe of use for crossover campaigns.
(More or less compliments with how I tend to use the setting...)

Yours,

Rafael

Plaag:
Knew about the connection like that, but the map gave me the idea to show how the Wilderlands progressed on my site (Course shall have to find the others as I can swear there is one in between that one and the fully numbered one)...Thanks for that Raf.

ShaneG.

Rob S Conley:

Does this help in visualizing the connection?

Enjoy
Rob Conley

[Image: combinedfirstwild.jpg]

[/img]

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Oh my!

That's almost exactly how I visualised a possible link-up while copying the Valley of the Ancients map. 8)
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Old thread, and I hope it's okay to necro older threads.

Rob's composite map is really neat.

It's a shame that JG used a different hex-scale for the Wilderlands maps as they used for the FFC map. I'd love to see a composite map with the hex-scales the same.

That would be awesome!
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
finarvyn Wrote:Old thread, and I hope it's okay to necro older threads.

I think the Wood of the Revenant is a place where necroing old threads is actually encouraged Smile

Quote:Rob's composite map is really neat.

It's a shame that JG used a different hex-scale for the Wilderlands maps as they used for the FFC map. I'd love to see a composite map with the hex-scales the same.

That would be awesome!

OTOH, JG even used different scales for the different versions of their WL maps, didnt they? I wonder if Dave L hasnt already taken a jab at this.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Well it would be really cool to have all of this stuff on maps that were all same-scale. I mean, I can certainly "fake it" but it would be so neat to have everything matching and internally conistent.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
Check out the maps on my flickr site.
I've done all the WL maps except the bottom 3 - no place names, but all the cities marked on.
I've also done the Blackmoor maps, which as you mention are the wrong scale - but I've also done a combined DA1/DA3/DA4 map, at 5 miles/hex to match the WL scale.

The DA maps are exactly the same as the FFC map, they just have more "stuff" on them.

Because I included the DA3 map you'll need to lay the WL maps over that to fit - the WL Valley of the Ancients is way longer than the DA envisioning of it.

I really must get back to finishing the last 3 WL maps at some point ...

Oh, and bear in mind that the Wilderlands of High Adventure (which depict the area east of the original WL maps) doesn't have Blackmoor at all, so I haven't even looked at doing those maps yet.

Edit: for some reason my signature doesn't show. Oh well, go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/piazza_dave for the maps.