Poll: Are you interested in Blackmoor Crossroads?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am interested in writing adventures for the series
3 33.33%
I am interested in helping with suggestions, editing or playtesting
3 33.33%
I am interested in reading/playing these adventures
3 33.33%
I am interested in fan adventures for Blackmoor, but not this series.
0 0%
I am not interested in Blackmoor Fan adventures
0 0%
Other
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[BMX] Fan Adventures for the Crossroads Series?
Introducing the second of two Fan Projects for writing Blackmoor Adventures.

BLACKMOOR CROSSROADS (BMX Series)
This line of adventures produces edgier stories and allow more freedom for each author to present his or her visions of Blackmoor.
  • These modules should feature the BMX logo on the cover (To be designed later).
  • The author is pretty much free to design any type of adventure he wants
  • The author is asked to include a paragraph in his introduction of the module explaining how the module will differ from the generic version of Blackmoor (does it belong to a specific continuity for instance) and if possible include a few words on how the module may be adapted to other versions of Blackmoor. Continuity logos may be placed on the cover should the author wish to do so.
  • Links to the Comeback Inn website must be included in the module.
  • A standard paragraph describing the BMJ and BMX Series must be included with each module.

How do I write a BMX adventure?
1. Start a thread in the General Blackmoor Discussion Forum. Use the tag [BMX1], [BMX2] etc to reserve your number in the series and present an outline or idea for the adventure you want to write.
2. Use the same thread to present previews or discuss the project as it develops. I recommend not to be too concerned with keeping things secret. An open process will make sure you get more input.
3. Send the completed module to me, Havard, for final approval. Don't worry, most material will be approved unless there are legal or ethical reasons to reject it. I have the final word on what I will place on the site though and I rerve the right to reject material without giving any particular reason for the rejection. (This is mainly a formal clause, relax).

I want to write an adventure, but I don't see the point in these labels.
You can still write adventures and post about them here. Most likely I will also be interested in hosting them on the website if you want. The Labels are just an invitation to be part of a series. Smile

How do I know if Crossroads is the right series for me?
At the moment the two series we have are Crossroads (BMX) and Journey (BMJ). Journey is a more restrictive format, designed for fairly standard low to mid level adventures that can be used with almost any Blackmoor Campaign. Crossroads is less restrictive, meaning the authors can do more extreme things with the setting.

Is this something you would be interested in?

Modules proposed so far:

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
BMX#: When the new moon turns full, the Bishop and Council will crown Uther's successor, a woman claiming kinship to the departed King, and who's claim is confirmed by the Regalia as closer than even that of the King's own twin daughters. Leansethar's fury got her thrown into one of the spell vaults beneath the castle, and Rowena has not been seen in any of her usual haunts for weeks. The Fetch suspects foul play or sorcery of some sort, but needs fresh faces in Blackmoor Town to unravel the mystery before the council crowns the

FIRST QUEEN OF BLACKMOOR
an adventure for 4-6 adventurers of levels 4-7
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
RobJN Wrote:BMX#: When the new moon turns full, the Bishop and Council will crown Uther's successor, a woman claiming kinship to the departed King, and who's claim is confirmed by the Regalia as closer than even that of the King's own twin daughters. Leansethar's fury got her thrown into one of the spell vaults beneath the castle, and Rowena has not been seen in any of her usual haunts for weeks. The Fetch suspects foul play or sorcery of some sort, but needs fresh faces in Blackmoor Town to unravel the mystery before the council crowns the

FIRST QUEEN OF BLACKMOOR

Congratulations! The first adventure for the BMX series has been initiated! Feel free to start a separate thread about it as well. This is exactly the type of adventure I think fits well in the Crossroads series, filled with references to the fascinating mythology of the Twins.

What is the timeline placement of the module (what year, in-game)?

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
RobJN Wrote:BMX#: When the new moon turns full, the Bishop and Council will crown Uther's successor, a woman claiming kinship to the departed King, and who's claim is confirmed by the Regalia as closer than even that of the King's own twin daughters. Leansethar's fury got her thrown into one of the spell vaults beneath the castle, and Rowena has not been seen in any of her usual haunts for weeks. The Fetch suspects foul play or sorcery of some sort, but needs fresh faces in Blackmoor Town to unravel the mystery before the council crowns the

FIRST QUEEN OF BLACKMOOR

Congratulations! The first adventure for the BMX series has been initiated! Feel free to start a separate thread about it as well. This is exactly the type of adventure I think fits well in the Crossroads series, filled with references to the fascinating mythology of the Twins.

What is the timeline placement of the module (what year, in-game)?

-Havard
This would take place within a month or so after the death of Uther. Assuming he lives into his 70s... That would be, what? 1055UC? 1060?
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
I am too lazy to check, but I think Uther is around 40 in Year 1030.

-Havard
Sounds good. 8)
More than that, I think it's going to be pretty healthy for the Thorn chronology to have a defined beginning - sort of - that the players themselves can eperience.
Two modules have been proposed in this series so far:
Havard Wrote:

Check them out and see how you can help Smile

-Havard