Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Observations on Blackmoor Gods
Making a few observations about the Gods, how they are related to one another, what their relations are:

1. Pacuun and Phellia are married. Phellia is said to be the mother of many Gods. Although only Baldin is specifically said to be their son.
2. Fronaus and Henrin are believed to be brothers
3. Hersh and Elgath are believed to be brothers. Elgath is rumored to be behind the Egg of Coot.
4. Kadis is said to be close to the other Tenian Gods. Only Khoronus is the only other God connected to the Duchy of Ten.
5. Hak is the father of Hadeen, Calelrin and possibly Raelrataen. (But not Yoosuf).
6. Sollus and Thanatos are arch enemies.
7. Tsartha and Insellageth are the parents of Chamber
8. Tilla is said to originally have been a lesser Halfling Goddess. No other Halfling Gods or Goddesses are mentioned. In fact Halflings primarily follow Human (Thonian) Gods.
9. Odir is the grandfather of all the gods. (Doesnt really make sense, but maybe most of the Gods?)

Some thoughts:
IMC I am ignoring the idea of a Tenian Pantheon. Kadis and Khoronus may have a specific connection to the Duchy of Ten, but I see no reason to separate them from the rest of the Thonian Pantheon. The DABCS Hardback doesnt even separate the Peshwa, Skandaharian and Thonian pantheons properly, but that is easy to do.

I am also making Tilla part of the shared Thonian/Halfling Pantheon. Her portfolio is limited as written, but I guess husbandry, hospitality etc can be added to her portfolio. She still has a special place in the hearts of the Docrae.

I dismiss the connection between Elgath and the Egg of Coot as an in game false rumor. IMC Elgath and Faunus is the same God.

Other than that, I would love to see some more details on the family structure here.

Thoughts?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign