Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Orlando Games and Greg
Hey Greg, this is mostly a question for you, but if anybody else has anything to say please chime in:

I just read this post on Fin's forum:
http://odd74.proboards.com/thread/2450/baleborn-orcs

Greg said "I was gaming with two of Dave Arneson's groups in Orlando in the 1999-2002 timeframe. One group was play testing the 3E rules at one point, so he was quite aware of the 3E vocabulary and mechanics."

I was wondering if you could tell us more about those games. What were the adventures? Anything Blackmoor? Any of the characters or events make it into the DAB products?

Thanks
Initially, Dave was not allowed to DM students from Full Sail University, so he DMed a group of students from the University of South Florida, which included my daughter, Shasta, and her boy friend of the time, Jarrod. That was the group that play tested 3E. I played with them a few times. I don't recall what character I played or any specific adventures.

The other group was made of up faculty from Full Sail, like Dustin Clingman, and his daughter Malea and her husband, Luke. I played, Svenny Junior, aka Sol Zvenzen. The most memorable adventure was a variation on "Garbage Pits of Despair".

All of the adventures were set in Blackmoor. I don't remember too many specifics beyond that.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign