Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
ZGG's 2006 Call for Blackmoor Writers
Came across this via Harley Stroh's blog. In 2006 ZGG made an open call for writers to contribute to Blackmoor. I am not sure if this was mainly related to the MMORPG modules or other planned products at the time. Apparently ZGG were overwhelmed by the response.

Did anyone here respond to this open call?

Quote:Zeitgeist Games is putting forward an open call for writers for work on the Dave Arneson's Blackmoor line. We are in immediate need of several such individuals familiar with the world of Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor. Knowledge of Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor MMRPG will also prove helpful.

Interested parties should send a resume to (christopher.reed at zeitgeistgames dot com) with the subject line of "Blackmoor Open Call for Writers" for consideration.

The work in question is immediate in nature, so if you are locked in current efforts, please recognize this fact before submitting your resume for consideration. We will be taking submissions until the end of Monday, May 29, 2006.

Feel free to post or forward this message to interested parties.

Thanks,
Christopher Reed
Line Developer - Dave Arneson's Blackmoor
Zeitgeist Games, Inc.

Source: http://choosedeath.blogspot.no/2006/05/ ... kmoor.html

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Yeah, me, for example. Not a bad experience, though the later weaknesses of the BM MMRPG management lamentably already shone through.

- But, if the opportunity returned, I'd do it again, in a heartbeat. Smile
It would be fantastic if this site could continue the MMRPG experience, even if we published a single adventure every six months or a year...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Actually, there's quite some stuff out there that is not yet available online; what about you pester some of the old authors (not me, by any means) to share their files with you? Smile Weren't there, what, about 80 episodes, in total?

Writing modules that continued the fight against the Egg of Coot would require, well, that we agreed on what the Egg actually was. :wink:
Raphael Pinthus Wrote:Actually, there's quite some stuff out there that is not yet available online; what about you pester some of the old authors (not me, by any means) to share their files with you? Smile Weren't there, what, about 80 episodes, in total?

Getting access to the material is not really a problem. But there is also a legal side to this that I need to investigate. As of now, all the episodes that were officially released on the old ZGG website are available here.

That does not mean more episodes will not appear here in the future.

Quote:Writing modules that continued the fight against the Egg of Coot would require, well, that we agreed on what the Egg actually was. :wink:

1) Each of the core fans here have their own take on Blackmoor. I see that as a good thing. Forcing everyone to accept one vision of Blackmoor would be a bad idea, as we have all learned. I think it is time to embrace a multitude of views. Smile

In the case of the Egg itself, I think the fact that its identity was kept vague is what added to the mystery and fascination about this entity.

2) Only if the adventures were epic in scale. Focusing on low level adventures there is no need to take a stand on any of these controversial issues.

-Havard
Yaztromo Wrote:It would be fantastic if this site could continue the MMRPG experience, even if we published a single adventure every six months or a year...

I think this is a great idea. For the reason of legalities, I would ask that we do not use the MMRPG name, but I would definitely be willing to host adventures written by Comeback Inn members.

One thing I like about the MMRPG adventures is their relatively simple style, allowing them to easily be used for multiple editions. Perhaps this is something we could use for future adventures as well? Smile

-Havard
I think you should develop a template (with all the editing details, such as fonts, spaces, columns etc.), then the authors can put together the adventures, possibly avoiding too high level of playing (at least at first...), so we won't need to go into the detail of the real nature of the Egg etc.
Maybe you should identify a mapmaking tool (free download, if possible), so the maps will all look similar as well...
Man, I wish I could have gotten in on this back in the day-- getting a foot in the door while writing for such a rich setting? Yes, please!

As far as making a fanon Not-necessarily-the-MMORPG modules... Well, I've got this adventure path of my own I'm working on... however, I do have several ideas brewing for Uther's Age adventuring goodness.

Or maybe I should just write that novel Rafe has been wanting... Wink
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Yaztromo Wrote:I think you should develop a template (with all the editing details, such as fonts, spaces, columns etc.), then the authors can put together the adventures, possibly avoiding too high level of playing (at least at first...), so we won't need to go into the detail of the real nature of the Egg etc.
Maybe you should identify a mapmaking tool (free download, if possible), so the maps will all look similar as well...

Sounds like a good place to start.

I am all open to suggestions when it comes to all these things to be honest Smile

Is it a good idea to stick to the D20 Blackmoor Setting (ie Year 1030) for these adventures? This might be the best thing we have as a common point of reference. I don't mean the D20 Ruleset, just the setting.

-Havard
In general I agree on the setting. Probably sticklng to the same ruleset is a good idea as well for consistancy, although I'm open for potential improvement on this issue.