Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Updating the Blackmoor Archives
Just a small note to let you all know that I am updating the Blackmoor Archives Section of this Website. So far the main work has consisted of fixing broken links. I have also added a series of banners to the front page:

http://blackmoor.mystara.net/index.html

Feedback and further suggestions are welcome! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Looks good, though the frontpage is growing a bit small. Wink Which in your case, is a good thing, as so much stuff is now there.

Perhaps consider - on the long run - using a PHPBB- or Wordpress-based front page.
I'll use those in my own internet representaitons; if you like what I have, I can pass you the code, or point you to where to get it. Smile
I like the look of the place. Nice to look at visually, easy to find links, all good in my book.

While the list of what changes you've made to the site may interest you, I wonder if others will find anything there. Seems to take up a lot of space but I'm not sure what we get out of realizing that you updated the logo in 2012. 8)
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
finarvyn Wrote:I like the look of the place. Nice to look at visually, easy to find links, all good in my book.

Thanks! Smile

Quote:While the list of what changes you've made to the site may interest you, I wonder if others will find anything there. Seems to take up a lot of space but I'm not sure what we get out of realizing that you updated the logo in 2012. 8)

Yeah, moving that to another page would also take care of the issues Rafe raises above. My main reason for keeping it there so far is because it is the easiest way for me to keep track of things. But it is definitely something I am considering for the next step. Smile

Thanks again for the feedback!

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
The banners and "wordy" links flanking the central picture are doing double work, I think, Havard. (triple, if you count the "tabs" across the top with the main section links.)

They're nice, in that they draw the eye (which is good), but the text links have a bit of explain-y for n00b visitors to the site, (which is good). I wonder if you could combine the two? Use the banner for the link, with the explainy-bit beneath it?

I'll echo the sentiment that the update log could unclutter the screen if it was made its own link to a page listing that info. You could use that space so much better plugging the PbPs Wink

Also, just noticed: the "Like us on Faceborg" section shows up blank/empty on Safari Version 7.0.6 (9537.78.2). It works on the desktop and iPad/iPod (running Safari 5.something)
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog