Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Firewater Adventure (Split from: Arneson's Icelandic Cave)
Smile The topic is pretty relevant for the Firewater adventure - well, that one is really more or less the cap on the LFC, but I'd still prefer to borrow from the masters here and there.

(Firewater, which I already ran earlier this year at a German con, is essentially my take on the beginning of the Blackmoor game, as it deals with the dungeons of CBM awakening... :twisted: )

Moderator Edit: Split from : viewtopic.php?f=83&t=8166&start=10
-Havard
You mention the Firewater Game in this thread as well. I realize that you might not want to give away spoilers since this is a game you plan on running at some point in the future. However, how about a spoiler-free overview or preview of sorts? Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Well, the problem is, the scope the adventure is essentially determined through its setup... But I'll try:

It's the year 994 of the Northern Calendar. The Emperor of Thonia rules in peace over the lands of man.

As members of the royal entourage, you travel to the ancient and famous town of Blackmoor.

You are to attend the wedding between the Emperor's niece, and the local baron - Fant...

[Image: The_Dark_Ages__Before_Death_by_ozanb.jpg]

Essentially, "Firewater" is my take on the origins of the setting that we encounter in the FFC: I still preiodically run games set in BM,
and when I do one-shots of the kind, I usually take something that's "as old as possible", because players marvel at the old maps, and all.
For that, I merged the continuity from the Last Fantasy Campaign with some FFC lore:

For example, some younger versions of the characters from our game pop up here and there; Willem of the Heath, for example, is featured as a page,
and the Great Svenny indeed has a cameo as a castle guard. Gawaine Randor sits in prison, waiting for the gallow's call, and Robilar the Black drinks his ale at the Comeback Inn...
Thanks for splitting this from the other thread, Havard. Didn't want to highjack the discussion.

IF enough people apply, I am willing to run a very condensed test version of the adventure some time this season, as a chat game.

So, if you like to play, let me know. Smile