Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
The Blackmoor Adventure in Gaz3 Principalities of Glantri
As I mentioned in my blog, Gaz 3 provides several connections between Mystara and Blackmoor. One is an adventure outline allowing the PCs to go back in time and destroy the Radience before it becomes an artifact. This does not prevent the Great Rain of Fire, but it does result in an alternate timeline where Glantri never became the center of magical learning that it is in AC1000.

Has anyone done anything with this adventure? How would you use if, if at all?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I wouldn't change Mystara from its GAZ 3 state in any case, period. I might use the adventure hook to avert a disaster like the Wrath of the Immortals (again, because I wouldn't change the face of Mystara from its GAZ state).
Baron Wrote:I wouldn't change Mystara from its GAZ 3 state in any case, period. I might use the adventure hook to avert a disaster like the Wrath of the Immortals (again, because I wouldn't change the face of Mystara from its GAZ state).

I can see that. I don't think any player, especially from a Glantri-based campaign would be happy to see the result described in the Gaz. OTOH, I guess you could run a Back to the Future type campaign where the PCs have to go back in time a second time to stop themselves from wiping Glantri out of existence? Avoiding WotI could be a good motivation for trying to destroy the City of the Gods before the Radience is created, but ultimately I think such a campaign must make the players realize that nothing good can ever come out of such a scenario?

I don't mind changes to the Known World as long as they are temporary. For instance, the destruction of Alfheim does not bother me so much because it can always be reconquered by the Surface Elves. I even have a scenario prepared where Alphatia is brought back.

The change from WotI I find most problematic in that sense is the Great Crater. I have yet to think of some way to reverse this one over time, but I guess anything can be solved with magic?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
In one of the campaigns that I played (25 years ago???) the Glantrian device ceased working and after not too long the Shadowelves' one was completed, so magic was back and running (althought every time you cast a spell you had to make a roll to check if you fumbled it - probably a trick by the DM to reduce the overpower of wizard at higher levels in that campaign...).
The hiatus, although, was quite scary, as far as I remember....
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
An interesting campaign might develop from Glantrian PCs searching the planes to figure out where the Flaems went, if not Glantri. Is there another artifact or source of magic equivalent to the Radiance on some other world?

Maybe they become inhabitants of the underdark, allied or at war with the shadow elves.

Maybe they migrate to the Savage Coast in order to corner the market on cinnabryl.

For a dark twist, maybe they travel to Oerth and become servants of the Egg of Coot.

Maybe they travel to Krynn and become keepers of the Greygem.

Maybe they're still servants of the Overlord of Veydra, who hasn't yet selected another world to invade.
Before knowing what Blackmoor was, apart from a passing note about the Great Rain of Fire, I remember that in Glantri we found a few L-shaped "magic wands"... :roll:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.