Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Ordo Elementarum in Flaem Article on Pandius
Two articles about the Exodus of the Flaems, the journey the Flaem Alphatians undertook from Old Alphatia before ending up in Mystara, have been uploaded to the Vaults of Pandius. I formulated the original concepts found in this brief article, but Ripvanwormer really took the idea to excellence with a long epic also involving Blackmoor's Ordo Elementarum.

Well worth a read:

http://pandius.com/exoflaem.html

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Hey, thanks for the plug!

Also, thanks for the heads up, since I didn't know those had been uploaded.

I don't think I actually mentioned the Ordo Elementarum in that post, though, but include them in the same history as the planar wanderings of the Flaems in this City of Brass timeline, and I also mentioned them here and here.

It's in the penultimate post I just linked to that I suggested the strongest link, and it's a bit of a missed opportunity that I hadn't thought of it when I wrote "Exodus of the Flaems."

Quote:The Ordo Elementarum probably knows of the Alphatians. Alphatian wizards might have driven the Ordo out of the Plane of Time (Entrem) and back to Blackmoor (in approximately 1028, per your timeline, Havard) without knowing or caring where the Ordo went. Perhaps the Alphatians are only able to begin conquering the planes with the Ordo out of the way. The Ordo Elementarum might harbor a grudge against the Alphatians for centuries, and the two groups might clash numerous times in the future. During the height of the Alphatian planar empire, the Ordo has little chance; it's only one group of mostly elven wizards against a worlds-spanning imperium. Later, though, descendants of the Ordo might have vengefully hounded the nomadic Flaems during their wanderings.