Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[Necromancer Repost] No Blackmoor Discussion? (Aug 2009)
http://necromancergames.yuku.com/topic/ ... Discussion

[Although the thread does not specify it, it seems that the discussion is about the 4E Blackmoor Sourcebook]'

JoeGKushner:

'm reading it.

Art ranges from m'eh to awesome.

Some new classes in it. I'll go into those latter.

Interior map appears to be the same from 3e but only on one page. This makes it hard to read to me. Very busy and the small black and white charcoal like drawing ain't helping.

Dragonborn, Tielflings, and Eladrin introduced kinda in a "yeah, just discovered... yeah, that's the ticket."

Very thick book.

Some old stuff I still don't like. Egg of Coot. Ugh. Hate that name. Hate it.

Some classic stuff though. Just trying to figure out how much I'll be able to use.
*****************************************'

Treebore:
I have original Blackmoor and 3E Blackmoor, saw no reason to pick up yet another version of it.

Davrion24
:Same here
JoeGKushner:
Lots of 4e goodness in it.

I like how Dragonborn, Tielflings and Eladrin weren't smashed into it. More of a 'discovery' process. I wish FR had went that route.

Philotomy Jurament:
Same here, except I have Supplement II and First Fantasy Campaign, but not 3E Blackmoor.

Grodog:
Based on what I've seen of the 3.x Blackmoor, you're not missing anything PJ: I haven't, however, read Harley Stroh's _City of the Gods_ or _Temple of the Frog_ yet, and I'm hopeful that they'll be up to Harley's usual work.

grodog
----
Allan Grohe
Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing

grodog@gmail.com
www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/
www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html for my Greyhawk site

Plaag:
I loved City of the Gods. Temple of the Frog was great too, but I think City of the Gods is the best 3.x Blackmoor product. As for the other stuff, eh, not the greatest, though to be fair I have not read Clock and Steam yet.

ShaneG.

Snoring rock:
I picked up al of them in 3.5 at GenCon for just 5 bucks a piece. Could not pass that up.

Sen the Collector:
I have most of the 3.5 Blackmoor stuff (I pretty much finished my collection at GenCon). What I've read I've enjoyed, but I'm really put off by the layout. I don't mind the minimal black and white art, but I hate the greyish background used for the pages.

I think it's pretty cool that wizard-warriors are "core" in Blackmoor via a new base class. There's plenty of detail to be found as well... but oh how I hate the layout of the books.
**********************************************'

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign