Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
City Maps: Blackmoor Town
[Image: 8497895420_b52204f627_z.jpg]

This is an older map using a different, but more time consuming method. Unfortunately(?) I based it on the very earliest version of Blackmoor Town from Arneson's sketches to the Domesday Book rather than the FFC version.

This is Dave Arneson's comment from back when I first posted the map:

The map in FFC is more up to date. Not a lot of changes. The new suburbs to the SE are the biggies. 'Jenkins Hill'? That is where the ancient Temple of the --id-- is. Duane has a little place over by the gravyard now that the 'Bouchers' chased him out of Glendower. Aside from that it is a really nice map.

Dave Arneson
"Dark Loard of Game Design"

That made me quite proud. Smile

I will have to get back to updating this map based on Arneson's comments.

More City Maps

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Based on the big overland-ish map, I didn't think the Temple of Id was so close to Blackmoor!
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Havard Wrote:I will have to get back to updating this map based on Arneson's comments.
Quite some time passed since you shared your last Blackmoor map, isn't it? Wink
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
If you are going for the earliest map of the town, Svenny's Freehold wouldn't be there. We built that in 1972.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
I'm adding the comment here, hoping to re-start Havard's passion for map-making, as I couldn't find a "generic" thread more suitable for this... In The Duchy of Ten (DA4) there is the "Robinsport chase flow chart", that is, ultimately, the "skeleton" of the map of Robinsport supporting quick descriptions of various areas... nothing forbids "completing" the job and generating a full fledged map from that, I think... 8)
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Using the DA4 flowchart to construct a map is a cool idea Smile
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Is it possible to get these maps re-linked and re-uploaded somewhere? Most of the links aren't working, and the Photobucket link requires a sign-in because it think's Håvard's maps are adult content. Big Grin