Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Humans of the Wilderlands/Blackmoor vs Mystara
I'm thinking the High Thonians were descended from refugees of Kelnore, but common Thonians are more closely related to the Tharbrians, with some eastern Tangor admixture in the south.

If the Great Kingdom has parallels with Greyhawk's history, the Lhomarrians would be like the Suloise, the Tharbrians like the Oeridians, the eastern Tangor like the Flan, and the Gishmesh like the Baklunish.

The War of the Pious and Philosophers acts like a restart button for the Wilderlands setting, with every culture reduced to barbarism and having to begin again from the ground up (like the Twin Cataclysms/Great Migrations of the Greyhawk setting), so anything prior to about BC 10,000 in the Thyatian calendar would be largely speculative/vague/irrelevant to most of the Blackmoor-era cultures anyway.
Getting back to this a bit:

ripvanwormer Wrote:I'm thinking the High Thonians were descended from refugees of Kelnore, but common Thonians are more closely related to the Tharbrians, with some eastern Tangor admixture in the south.

I like the idea of High Thonians being refugees from Kelnore. Common Thonians would have various groups thrown into the mix.

Quote:If the Great Kingdom has parallels with Greyhawk's history, the Lhomarrians would be like the Suloise, the Tharbrians like the Oeridians, the eastern Tangor like the Flan, and the Gishmesh like the Baklunish.

Mental note to bring Lhomarrians back into play.

Quote:The War of the Pious and Philosophers acts like a restart button for the Wilderlands setting, with every culture reduced to barbarism and having to begin again from the ground up (like the Twin Cataclysms/Great Migrations of the Greyhawk setting), so anything prior to about BC 10,000 in the Thyatian calendar would be largely speculative/vague/irrelevant to most of the Blackmoor-era cultures anyway.

Yeah, this is how I deal with the Wilderlands ancient history in general. Anything before that time is hard to reconcile, but I generally just dismiss it as too far back in time for anyone to remember much. Also, I have the Ice Age of Blackmoor end around BC10.000 so there would be little of interest up there too back then.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign