Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Radiance:Life After the Fallout
Havard Wrote:Minor nitpick: The catastrophe is called the Great Rain of Fire. The Radience is the name of a powerful artifact that somehow survived the disaster, not the disaster itself.

I also wrote some ideas for a campaign more immediate after the Great Rain of Fire called the Years of Fire (scroll down).

-Havard

Sorry Harvard and thinks for setting the name straight, I know the event was called the great rain of fire but I thought Radiance was Blackmoors version of radiation or something. I've heard it referred here and there as something that caused Blackmoors final days. Also your Years of Fire stuff is interesting, I might pull ideas from that of all things to build the ruins of my P-GRoF game.

Though I'm a lover of mutants in my post apocalypse and as I asked earlier do you htink the effects of the radiation would activate latent blood of outsiders forming 'mutants' of outsider blood? Or do you have ideas for good mutant races besides the result of beastmen? Also do you have any advice of possible mutant monsters? You pointed out typical creatures but do you have any ideas? I love you work Harvard.
RobJN Wrote:A blast of the magnitude to actually shift a planet on its axis outstrips even the dinosaur-killer asteroid or comet from Earth's ~65Mya. We'd be looking at a glancing blow from a planetoid roughly Mars-sized, which is what some scientists think gave us the moon.

Ehm... I guess this would be true if Mystara wasn't HOLLOW... but...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Freedom92 Wrote:I've thought of mega fauna with mutations would be good, possibly look at the legacies or sorcerer(PF) or Summoner(PF) for possibly ideas on the mutations.Though the use of the Coeurl can be attempted making even more references to the Voyage of the Space Beagle, might have to dig around for other mutagenic critters to live in the fallout.

If we want to be strict and keep the resemblance with radioactivity, we should probably think about a time dominated by insectorid, as they apparently are much more resistent to radioactivity than other species like birds, mammalians, reptiles... :wink:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.