Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Mantle of the World Shaper
Thanks for the information and advice!

Can you tell us more about Threnal in general and the quest? Do you know why this region in particular was selected to be narrated by Arneson?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I have never known how it came to be that this particular quest chain was selected specifically for DA. I do not recall anything in the chain that connects it to Blackmoor. There is the “Mantle of the Worldshaper” magic item and the DA memorial, but I am pretty sure those were put there because DA narrated rather than DA narrating because those objects were in the chain.

I feel uncomfortable going into too much detail on spoiler info in a public forum, but if anyone wants to know the ins and outs of the quest there is a spoiler page on Wikipedia.

I tried to look up the Threnal Ruins in the “Secrets of Xen’drik” and "City of Stormreach” hardbound books to get soem extra fluff information. Maybe I missed something, but I could find no mention of it in either book. For those not already familiar with the setting I can give a little background info on the setting. It is kind of a cross between standard fantasy and Indiana Jones with warforged (robots) included. It is set on the world of Eberron where a long lasting continent wide war on the continent of Khorvaire has recently ended. With the war over attention has turned to other things such as archaeology. The best place to investigate archaeology is on the continent just south of Khorvaire known as Xen’drick. While barbarous now there is a rich history of perished civilisations just waiting to be discovered. The main base for these explorations is the city of Stormreach, itself built and rebuilt many times with much to unearth inside. One of the exploration sites outside of Stormreach is known as Threnal. However in Xen’drick there are many different power groups plotting against each other and one must always beware not just of the local monsters and ruin guardians…
So Threnal is close to Stormreach then?

I appreciate your help on this Hunter! Smile

-Havard
None of my Xen'drick maps have a legend showing distance, but Threnal looks to be very far to the south Of Stormreach. if anyone has the "Secrets of Xen'drick" book Threnal would be about half way between Titan's Teeth and The Wasting Plain.

fortuneatly rather than making you play out the entire journey they briefly show the route you took to get to Threnal and set you just outside the ruins after you talk to a guy named Jalizco Helios who can be found west of the house P teleporter and south of the entry to the Necropolis in the Phiarlan neighborhood.
I think I have the book you mention, somewhere... I will see if I can find it and check. I like the idea of Arneson having a region in Eberron, an otherwise quite Arnesonian setting in many ways.

-Havard
If you would like I think I can email a screenshot of the DA memorial that I took a while back.
Yes please!

PM sent!

-Havard