Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
In search of Blackmoor's unknown
Quasqueton is on a typical 'borderland', being apparently on the edge of civilization: this is the place Rog' & Zel' stopped the barbarians (which seems to live north - could they be Vikings ?).

Quote:Despite their questionable alignment, both Rogahn and Zelligar capped their reputation of power when they joined forces to stop a barbarian invasion threatening the great valley below. In a crucial battle at a narrow pass in the hills, the two combined powerful forces and decisively turned back the invasion.

Note their is a Valley behind, and people living there.

Common use of slavery also suggest a Blackmoor link, and the fact Zelligar use a Cloud of poison spell is strongly Chainmail-tied. It could worth seeing what could be Rog & Zel stats in D@D Smile
Hmmm. If the vales/valley is positioned south of the Duchy oh the peaks, say between it and Karsh functioning as a pass, Then Quasqueton could be on the Bordrlands of DOP and the Goblin Cush/Aifridhi lands. That would make both Aifridi and Skhandahar the barbarians to the north. Rog & Zel would certainly fit DOP society.
snorri Wrote:Quasqueton is on a typical 'borderland', being apparently on the edge of civilization: this is the place Rog' & Zel' stopped the barbarians (which seems to live north - could they be Vikings ?).

Quote:Despite their questionable alignment, both Rogahn and Zelligar capped their reputation of power when they joined forces to stop a barbarian invasion threatening the great valley below. In a crucial battle at a narrow pass in the hills, the two combined powerful forces and decisively turned back the invasion.

Note their is a Valley behind, and people living there.

Common use of slavery also suggest a Blackmoor link, and the fact Zelligar use a Cloud of poison spell is strongly Chainmail-tied. It could worth seeing what could be Rog & Zel stats in D@D Smile

Matches with my story about Mondburgh's predecessor city. Smile

Since chances are my party is going to visit this place at some later moment in the campaign, I'll then work in more references to that... :twisted:
bumping this thread as it was referenced in another forum.

Aldarron Wrote:could. But beyond Ten is only Karsh, peshwa and aifridhi lands, (or the vales, which don't really seem to fit in so I'm dropping them from my map)

The Vales are canon, described briefly in the DA modules. This is also where Karsh comes from. The Afridhi travelled across the Vales to find Karsh.

What you do in your campaign is a different matter of course. Smile

Quote:whereas Q seems to be not too far from civilization. Maybe Karsh/Ten borderland is a better location.

I do like the idea of placing Quasqueton in the Blackmoor setting. I'm not really sure where I would place it though. As Quasqueton is a real city in Iowa, I might place it somewhere within the Great Kingdom/Thonia.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I thought I'd break in here to give a solid Confusedhock: in that I had no idea Quasqueton was a real place. According to Wikipedia its population in 2000 was a mere 574. Why was that name and place selected over all others? Was that the home of a C&C gamer back in the day? Why mention such an obscure place?

[linguistic musings]Offhand the name sounds Dakota/Lakota (Sioux). The suffix -ton in Dakota means "dwellers", IIRC as in Mdewakanton (Spirit Lake Dwellers). [/linguistic musings]

Back to your regularly-scheduled thread. Big Grin
Geoffrey has the answer:

Geoffrey Wrote:You know. Quasqueton. Dungeon module B1: In Search of the Unknown.

The module's author, Mike Carr, was living in Cedar Rapids, Iowa right before he moved to Lake Geneva in 1976. Guess what little town is only 31 miles away from Cedar Rapids?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasqueton

8)

Source: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 15&t=36350

-Havard
Aldarron Wrote:Hmmm. If the vales/valley is positioned south of the Duchy oh the peaks, say between it and Karsh functioning as a pass, Then Quasqueton could be on the Bordrlands of DOP and the Goblin Cush/Aifridhi lands. That would make both Aifridi and Skhandahar the barbarians to the north. Rog & Zel would certainly fit DOP society.

Or perhaps this could be the region between the Afridhi Empire and the Duchy of Ten, often referred to as the Vales?
Does B1 give out other clues to what this land would have been like during the height of Roghan and Zelligar's power?

-Havard