Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Blackmoor Fiction
Apart from Stroh, there's nothing.

And to include stuff Mr Arneson essentially ripped from other writers...

If you want this board have invaded by hordes of angry fans from sci-fi.com saying nasty things about your genitalia,
go ooooooooon. :wink:

The Dragonlord trilogy is actually not a bad bet, though. - More likely to be useful than the other books, no question.

In my own home campaign, I have experimented a bit with that one.

........And since there is no freaking way to withhold ANYTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING from the person I in situations like these usually refer to
as "that damn viking", yeah, the Dragonlord Chronicles are from what I mostly draw for post-apocalypse Blackmoor - inside and out of the LFC. - Why? Because the only iconic place in the setting that our ongoing game so far doesn't touch is "The City of the Dragonfather", and the connections one can build between both are fairly strong.

Any possible sequels of "The Promised Land" would likely deal with this.
(You might remember a few hints from the LFC timeline doc.)

To quote Mystaran icon Lo Zompatore:

Quote:3000 BC: A craft from Blackmoor lands on Patera which triggers the Great Rain of Fire. After the planet shifts it's rotation the Dragons come out of hiding, once again the mightiest of creatures.

Before you fret, yes, discuss that as you will - there is no possible, conceivable way that the party will IC ever know or reach the city, if simply because they don't know about it, and have other things to do.

Also, I intentionally wanted to leave ONE plotline open, given that the campaign already deals with the Egg, the Westryn, the Afridhi, and the Thonians. Smile

And while I am on it, now completely hijacking the thread, in one sentence, a sequel to The Promised Land would focus on an expedition to the City of the Dragonfather, the Dragonlord of Mystara novels, and a "The New Shadow", a short story fragment by Tolkien, which in itself would have been the base for a sequel to "The Lord of the Rings".

The reason why I will likely always abstain from it (at least at this present moment in time) is simply that a lot of my PBP DMing style is mainly based on giving very cheap recognition reflexes plus cheapshot stories. :wink: And to do that well, I would have to read through so much of the Mystara canon that it would likely take me years to prepare.

But to contribute something to the actual discussion other than telling you how awesome I am,
I think the SECOND D&D movie contained an actual Blackmoor reference. - AND it should be available as a novel, like the first one.
- Just if Havard looks for stuff for his list... Smile

Messages In This Thread