Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Blackmoor Fiction
finarvyn Wrote:If your question pertains to anything actually Blackmoor in content, I suspect your list is pretty accurate. To my knowledge, Dave never wrote any books about the setting the way Gary did with his Gord series. That's unfortunate, since Blackmoor was such an interesting setting.

That would have been great. But at least I am glad that Harley Stroh wrote his fiction for Blackmoor when Dave never did. We could perhaps also include Greg Svenson's published for web "memoirs" about the Great Svenny?

Quote:If you want to include anything with Blackmoor in it at all, I believe that BM is mentioned in passing in Quag Keep.

I have gotten a copy of Quag Keep and its sequel, but I have still to read them. If it is just mentioned in passing, I think it may be hard to consider them Blackmoor fiction.

Does any Greyhawk fiction go into the Duchy of Tenh? I think not, but if so perhaps we could have looked more closely into it.

Quote: Perhaps other Mystara novels would have a reference as well, although those are pretty weak as "Blackmoor fiction" sources.

The ones I can think of is the Dragonlord Trilogy, but it is not set in the Blackmoor Era. Blackmoor is referenced quite a bit as an age long gone, from whence many powerful artifacts still exist. It is said that the first Dragonlord lived in the Blackmoor Era, while the protagonist of the series is the second to take up the Dragonlord's weapons and armor. Come to think of it, I wonder if this could actually have been the armor of the Blue Rider... Anyway, I agree that we cannot consider it Blackmoor canon.

Havard Wrote:
  • Stroh, Harley: Night in Maus (3 part series)
  • Stron, Harley: Son of Flame, Son of Hak (3 part series
I know I have one or both of these. Can you remind me where they can be found? (I'm pretty sure it's Night in Maus I have, but can't recall if I've ever read Son of Flame, Son of Hak.)[/quote]

Night in Maus appeared in the Wizards Cabal and Son of Flame appeared in Riders of Hak. I will edit my original post to include these.

Was any fiction ever written for the Wilderlands?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread