Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Dave Arneson on the Empire of Izmer
Combatmedic Wrote:I've given some thought to using Izmer in place of Alphatia in a Known World (not exactly, Mystara) game.

This is not far from what I was thinking about. Its not a far stretch given that Courtney Solomon based Izmer on Alphatia anyway. I wanted to accomodate both movies, so I suggested that the events depicted in the movie took place around AC900 in the Mystara calendar, which would mean that Damodar would be released from his imprisonment some time after WotI.

Granted, this suggestion has not been met with much enthusiasm from other fans. Understandable given the quality of the movie.

Since my Blackmoor campaign is set in Mystara's past, I retain some connection between Izmer and Blackmoor, although the Izmer/Alphatia region is little more than a barbaric continent, which has seen some Skandaharian exploration at the moment. I have thought about having the imprisonment of the Dragon God (From Wrath of the Dragon God) happen in the Blackmoor Era. Probably I will use Chamber/Watchworks in place of Faluzure. If he was imprisoned in the mountains of Bellisaria during the Blackmoor Beastman Crusades I could see some interesting adventure opportunities.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread