Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Fall of the Black Queen
I'm working on a little project on the Elves of Blackmoor, but this is an area where I require some assistance. The D20 books contain a lot of little tidbits scattered around in them, but sorting out the order of things is tricky.

Here's what I've got so far:

1) Alliance between Humans and elves.
2) Humans betray the elves.
3) Elves split into Cumasti and Westryn
4) Black Queen assumes control over the Westryn.
5) "Fall of the Black Queen"
6) Black Queen's Father curses the Westryn Kingdoms in the West.
7) Undead start appearing in large numbers in the Westryn forrests

How does this seem to you guys? The order of events could be different than what I have suggested here. One thing I find weird is that the Queen has a father who is still alive, yet she is still referred to as the Queen. Usually he would be the king and she would be a princess.

My assumption is going to be that the Alliance between Humans and Elves is against the Temple of Id. It never says so, but I will assume that "Humans" here refers to Thonians.

One thing I am also unclear about is what the "Fall of the Black Queen" refers to. Does she die, or is it a fall, in the sense of being turned to the Dark Side? I am guessing the latter. If so, the appearance of Undead could be linked to her fall, rather than the Curse. The Curse could instead have to do with the Westryn no longer being able to produce offspring with humans.

I am making the Curse of the Bloodwood a separate matter. The text also seems to suggest this. I am connecting that one to the Magewars.

The DA series do not mention Undead, but does state that there's a "Blight" affecting the elven woods of the Duchy of Ten.

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread