Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
How to fit the Uther era into the Greyhawk Timeline?
Somehow I missed this thread till now. It's fascinating. If the two can be merged appropriately, it would mean Blackmoor "proper" could be re-instated withing the geography of WoG.

I think all the proposals so far are interesting and merit consideration. There's just a couple things I want to toss out for thought and see where it leads.

Setting the age of Uther far enough in the past of "current" Greyhawk would allow the use of all the Blackmoor place stettings as ancient sites and it would also explaing the main geographic differences.

The only "real" point of contact is that Robilar and Mordenkainen went to the City of the Gods. I'm no expert on these characters, but what I read about them seems to place these events around 575 CY

Robert the Ist founded the great kingdom and conquered blackmoor. The date is usually given as year 0 in the Blackmoor calendar, but this is one of those things that could be redated without much fuss.

Any "proper" calendar should also account for the independant mage wars period in Blackmoor, starting around 800 on the Blackmoor calendar.

Messages In This Thread