Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
How to fit the Uther era into the Greyhawk Timeline?
Havard Wrote:The DA modules and the ZGG Era products are set during the years when Uther is king of Blackmoor. Greyhawk's Archbarony of Blackmoor seems to represent a time when such golden years are long gone.

Would it be possible to reconcile such apparent contradictions in the timeline? Smile

-Havard

I have myself also pondered this just recently. I haven't come very far since I have not really even been able to decide which versions of Greyhawk and Blackmoor to merge. I have mainly looked at DA/FFC + Greyhawk Folio. I started looking at the timeline in 4e Blackmoor book (which I use to mine for details), removing any entries I found irrelevant to my campaign , and started patching it together with the Greyhawk Common Year timeline. Only thing I really had to do was to reconcile that Robert I and Mikar was the same person and that Blackmoor year 0 is the same as 1CY.

My intention was to keep as much as possible from DA series and FFC. I think I have ironed out the basics but I have some trouble reconciling the Thonian Empire and the Great Kingdom of Aerdy since the latter one does not exist anymore. And the geographically closest big power at hand is the realm of Iuz. But I think changing Thonia to Iuz feel thematically inappropriate. I thought about using Furyondy as stand-in for Thonia but it does seem as a much more benelovent power than Thonia. Maybe I should just go back strictly to FFC as base line and drop Thonia and maybe also the Afridhi.

Messages In This Thread