Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Earthshakers in Blackmoor?
The Earthshaker first appeared in module CM4. I've posted some thoughts on the origins of the Earthshakers, linking them to the Blackmoor Era in my latest blog entry:
http://blackmoormystara.blogspot.com/20 ... kmoor.html

Any thoughts?

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Oh nooooooo! Confusedhock:

Aren't jawas and stukas enough?

Now you give Rafe an idea for Battle Mechs - have you no shame?

Seriously though, if these things are a result of continued technological advances, I'd expect to see a progression over quite a period of years - from quite primitive, basic models, up to the MAD version - you stomp our country, we stomp yours.
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Dave L Wrote:Seriously though, if these things are a result of continued technological advances, I'd expect to see a progression over quite a period of years - from quite primitive, basic models, up to the MAD version - you stomp our country, we stomp yours.

The Age of the Wolf is set 269 years into the future. It is likely that these sort of Iron Kingdoms style constructs would have become more common at this point.

Chimpman speculated that they may have reached their peak during the Beastman Crusades, maybe 500 years into the future.

The True Earthshakers would be rare even at the peak of the Blackmoor Civilization, 1000 years into the future.

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Quote:Earthshakers in Blackmoor?

YES. :twisted:

In that context, please refrain from reading the module DQ 1, "The Shattered Statue" by Paul Jaquays.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And if anyone asks a question about WotI for the next TWO YEARS, I swear I will ban him. Or give him a cat avatar. Or both.
It's just awesome though. Every ever-so-tiny reference to the setting, Havard will know it.
(If you look at DF, you will find that I posted about the CM series a few years ago. That thread is VERBOTEN.)
Rafael Wrote:
Quote:Earthshakers in Blackmoor?

YES. :twisted:
Oh well, at least they'll be on OUR side, right? Tongue

Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Sure. - I mean, sure.

Since this campaign is so obviously rooted on Final Fantasy IV, just think how kindly the giant of Babel treated the heroes there!
Rafael Wrote:Sure. - I mean, sure.

Since this campaign is so obviously rooted on Final Fantasy IV, just think how kindly the giant of Babel treated the heroes there!

Aargghh! Never read Cthulhu, never player the FF games - I am at SUCH a disadvantage here! Wink

Tales from the Vales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj53wsdr ... A7C120FC3D

I would definitely recommend you to play it, or, if have children, to have them play it!

It's almost pure D&D, and, together with FF VI and Breath of Fire, my favourite SNES RPG.