Share Thread:
[ZGG Repost] Blackmoor Map
http://mmrpg.zeitgeistgames.com/index.p ... opic&t=378
Havard:
Here is a new map I've made of Blackmoor Smile

http://home.nvg.org/~hoc/Blackmoor_final.jpg

Comments?

HÃ¥vard

Edit: I made the image into a link instead so its easier to read posts in the thread.

Rafael:
My new desktop background! Very Happy

Havard:
Glad you like it! Smile

Spikey:
AH, but to make this one complete you have to have Pebbletown and Heronsport! Although these were not in DA's original map Sad

Havard:
I can do that! Smile Where do they appear? I suppose I could also include some other locations like Cicatri from the Redwood Scar. Are there any other locations I should include if I make an update on the map?

Rafael:
I would like to see maps of the Thonian Rand, and the area south of the VoA as described in DA3. There's a lot of unused adventuring potential down there, if you ask me... Smile

HAvard:
This page http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_anagrams.html has a list of anagrams, puns and homages in the Greyhawk setting. Some of them are also relevant for Blackmoor such as:

Quote:
Egg of Coot
Blackmoor According to Gary Gygax in an ENWorld thread, "According to Dave Arneson the "Egg of Coot" was created from the name "Gregg Scott," the chap who ran the MicroArmor casting company some years back. Gregg dismissed fantasy games as childish and claimed wargaming was "manly."

Coot indeed!" Egg of Coot was an evil swamp monster in Dave Arneson's Blackmoor game;

Nosnra G1:
The Steading of the Hill Giant Chief, p. Nosnra = Arn[e]son Dave Arneson was co-creator of D&D

Robilar
WoG folio, p. Robilar = Rob liar/lair? Character played by Robert J. Kuntz

Now, maybe we could make a similar list for Blackmoor? I would need your help though. Seems like every location or character name in Blackmoor could be on this list. Who wants to add some?

HÃ¥vard

Spikey:
Grey hawks are dangerous, a mere touch from one is enough to kill you.'
Rafael:
Well, Archlis, Glendower and Blackmoor itself are the names of famous and expensive whiskeys... Smile Apart from that, all the name puns are pretty obvious, I guess... Still, I foudn no explanation for "Thonia". Smile
HarleyStroh:
Inspired by this post, I hid some names in my portion of the GenCon episode of "Temple of the Frog." Not too hard to find, but it is nice to continue the tradition. In fact, everyone above makes an appearance. Smile

Havard:
Ringlo (from Tolkien):
The river Ringló
Ringló arises as two smaller unnamed rivers in the White Mountains, on the southern arm that bends towards Belfalas.
Flowing through the Gondorian city Ethring, it passes north of Tarnost where it is met by its tributary Ciril, and meets the sea at Edhellond, near Cobas Haven above Dol Amroth.

Which map location names were inspired by Liqour or cigarette brands?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign