Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[ZGG Repost]Blackmoor using Castles & Crusades
Blackmoor using Castles & Crusades instead of D&D 3.
http://mmrpg.zeitgeistgames.com/index.p ... opic&t=302

Lord_Lamorek_Steelguard

Ok,

I know there is some deal with Zeitgeist and the Open Gaming License that prevents them from using non-Core D&D products. However, would it be possible (other than fan-based) to have an 'official' conversion of the Blackmoor MMRPG to Troll Lord Games' Castles & Crusades ruleset? I ask this, partly, because I think Blackmoor actually translates better using C&C than using D&D 3.5. Also, because C&C is 'd20 Lite', its conversion shouldn't be all that difficult.

Have any other fans out there done their own conversions? I would be more than willing to get together on the 'Net and help others convert Blackmoor to C&C as a fan-based endeavour.

Baron of Calx Mons Montis - The Castles & Crusades Society

Lostpike1:
Officially I doubt this will happen till their license ends.

Spikey:
Well what Blackmoor uses from 3.5 is OGL so there would be no reason to switch really.
Havard:
I doubt there would ever be an official C&C Blackmoor, but it should be easy to convert to that system. From what I know of it, C&C seems pretty interesting, so I'd love to see conversions. Maybe you want to post them here?

Lord Lamorek:
Since Castles & Crusades uses the OGL as well (I've heard it described as 'd20 Lite'), I was merely wondering. Wink
Havard:
From what I understand C&C is not so much D20 lite as D20 Old School, although still probably quite a bit lighter on the rules side than 3.5. Conversions should be real easy though.

If someone is willing to make a project out of this, I wouldn't mind hosting it on my website.

Lord Lamorek:
I might take you up on that offer. I know that at least one fan over at Troll Lord's boards might be interested as well. There has already been a conversion done (and posted) over at Sovereign Stone's forums for DragonLance using Castles & Crusades.

It'll likely be a while before I could get to do this, mostly because of several other pressing commitments. I'll get back to you on this....
Ozymandius:
Aw man and I was just having fun playing a wizard with a 36 Armor Class, +9 to attack (+11 with ray spells) a DC of 16 starting, three meta-magic rods, two pearl 2nds, three pearl 1st, a couple of unique certs and an empty wallet!

Continue the smack! Heavy numbers finally came through for me after my 17 greyhawk deaths.
Havard:
Cool

HarleyStroh:
There's a d20/C&C conversion document posted to the Goodman Games forums. It's writen by Chris Rutkowsky, who did the conversion of the Mysterious Tower. I'd repost it here, but I don't have the author's permission, so until we get Chris' okay, we'll have to follow the link.

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... ca3bce7a67

//H

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign