Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Where are all the maps?
Hi, I'm new here. I started a Blackmoor game with my group using Pathfinder rules and all the 3.5 Blackmoor material (except I've not found Temple of the Frog book yet).

To prepare, I've been reading the forums and searching the net. My big question is where are all the maps? I can only find kingdom maps and a map of Castle Blackmoor. Are there no town or city maps or even a map of The Comeback Inn. It seems weird that there are so many cool stories and histories but a lack of detailed maps. I do have the DA modules in PDF that I've not looked at much, but I thought all those maps were kingdom maps as well. So, if anyone can point me in the right direction, or source, that would be great. Or just let me know what you do when the party walks into Newgate, Blackmoor, Maus, Vestfold, or where ever.

Thanks
Hi. The Judges Guild book First Fantasy Campaign has maps of Blackmoor Town, BM Castle, the lands of the campaign, and maps of the dungeons under the castle, and AFAIK the dungeon lvls under Glendower. One of the DA books has floorplans of the Comeback Inn, IIRC.
twhaley Wrote:Hi, I'm new here. I started a Blackmoor game with my group using Pathfinder rules and all the 3.5 Blackmoor material (except I've not found Temple of the Frog book yet).

To prepare, I've been reading the forums and searching the net. My big question is where are all the maps? I can only find kingdom maps and a map of Castle Blackmoor. Are there no town or city maps or even a map of The Comeback Inn. It seems weird that there are so many cool stories and histories but a lack of detailed maps. I do have the DA modules in PDF that I've not looked at much, but I thought all those maps were kingdom maps as well. So, if anyone can point me in the right direction, or source, that would be great. Or just let me know what you do when the party walks into Newgate, Blackmoor, Maus, Vestfold, or where ever.

Welcome to the Comeback Inn twhaley! Smile

Here are some maps that might be of help: http://blackmoor.mystara.us/gallery.html

You will find two maps of Blackmoor Town there.

Given recent discussions about Maus, I would suggest using maps of Lankhmar to represent that city.

As to Vestfold...how about this one?

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rhod_maps/95693.jpg

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Town maps of Lake Gloomy and Boggy Bottom can be found in ZGG's Temple of the Frog.

-Havard
twhaley Wrote:Hi, I'm new here. I started a Blackmoor game with my group using Pathfinder rules and all the 3.5 Blackmoor material (except I've not found Temple of the Frog book yet).

Thanks

Has anyone made any Blackmoor city maps besides those mentioned in this thread?

-Havard
Am I remembering this wrong or was an early Blackmoor map based on the old Avalon Hill "Wilderness Survival" game?
hunterfairbanks Wrote:Am I remembering this wrong or was an early Blackmoor map based on the old Avalon Hill "Wilderness Survival" game?

I believe this is correct. Not the whole of Blackmoor, but the southern region seems to have been patterned after that map. Apparently, a widespread idea among early gamers was also that once you had reached the southern border of that map, therere would be an identical map appearing, thus providing an endless area to adventure on. I dont know if the Blackmoor map used it that way or not.

Does anyone have the scan of that map? It used to be circulating around various boards...

-Havard