The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201 ... 209  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC thread
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:39 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Since Gaderon is levitating above the others, there's no need for him to make room for anyone. But of course he can cast disintegrate from up there. :)

Greg: It all depends on whether Rahotep will move out of the cubicle where the vault was. If he does, then it might become difficult for Sol and Kherim to switch places. If he remains where he is, then this will definitely work. So yes, provide attack rolls, please. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:32 am 
Fear me, I am Admin!

-_- I am levitating?! AAAAAAAAAAAAH YES, I am levitating.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:48 am 
Fear me, I am Admin!

So... Can Gaderon clone "Holy Word" with Limited Wish?

Would make sense in-game, since he has just witnessed the spell, and would probably be interesting in terms of damage that can be dealt.

I have no AD&D books around me right now, but Holy Word was Lvl 7, IIRC - so it would fall in the clonable category. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:12 am 
The Admin's Gamemaster

He can do that, yes, since Holy Word is level 6.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:03 am 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Yes, Kherim can attack this round, but only with a long, stabbing weapon from behind Sol, as there's no room for him to stand next to the warrior and to swing his scimitar.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:39 am 
Boxed

He doesn't have any weapon. He will instead Lay on Hands on Sol, and use the full heal amount.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:37 pm 
Fear me, I am Admin!

You roll for me, please. It's trusting ME that you shouldn't. :lol: ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:32 pm 
Boxed

Ok, time for some serious tactical thought here. We were in a bad position while only one of us can attack at Rahotep. At his rate of regeneration, we need a steady amount of damage every round to be able to win this fight. Plus he will probably have some magic as well. Currently, the only one doing any damage is Sol.

First of all, we should bring Eilkhan back into the game: she can fire from above and hope to do some damage. If she could use fire with her weapons that would be even sweeter.

Second, Ahi is not mainly a fighter, but due to his choice of spells, I think he'll be reduced to healing after the next sunburst. Could he come up to the top level after casting it, to give more room near Rahotep?

Third, Kherim and Sol both have to attack, otherwise we can't damage enough. One thing we could try is to have Gaderon levitate one of them (preferably Sol) to create room for Rahotep. If Sol is removed, Rahotep could engage Kherim leaving empty space behind him, where Gaderon would then drop Sol, flanking the mummy. Of course, Rahotep might be too clever for this and stay in his hole, but there is precedent for an intelligent foe failing to consider "the third dimension": I recall one of the star trek movies, probably the wrath of Khan, in which this exact trick is used to defeat him.

Finally, Gaderon should be a main asset. With arcane magic he should be able to dish huge damage, but preferably not in an area manner. If I am not mistaken (I might be), mummies are very vulnerable to fire. Anything fire based and highly concentrated, say a column of fire, could work well here. Unfortunately, I don't have Flame Strike memorized. It would probably have worked well.

Please, let's share ideas here.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:18 am 
Fear me, I am Admin!

*Did you guys notice the server downtime on Friday? - Hmmm...*

I have an arsenal of Fire spells at hand, BUT from what I understand, they do a lot of collateral damage.

I'd be happy to do more, but as long as Sol is engaged in hand-to-hand combat, I'd likely fry him like a snickers bar.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:42 am 
Boxed

Yes, that's true for fireball. But I understand that some of them are column based and have an effectively more limited area.
Plus, we should check first if mummies are really vulnerable to fire.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201 ... 209  Next