[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Wayfarer's Inn • View topic - Rahotep's Court of Evil

The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rahotep's Court of Evil
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:12 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Sol notices that the temperature quickly rises again as he moves away from the glowing inscription. About 30 feet away from it, it's back to the usual cool dryness typical to the tomb.

Gaderon, however feels the cold biting his flesh as he moves closer to cast his spell and read the hieroglyphs. They say:

Seven of the Curses of The Set Rahotep have come upon you. Twice more are ye Cursed, fated mortal who dare my tomb! Nine is the number to conjoin, and I will have your lives all. Then I will have mine. The Time of Greatness for Evil is at hand.

As Gaderon reads the dire message from the vile thing who dwells somewhere within this deadly labyrinth, the hieroglyphs begin to fade. Soon they are burned out, leaving only faint traces upon the sandstones at this final place of the Mortuary Palace.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:18 pm 
Fear me, I am Admin!

Gaderon will repeat what he read to his friends, chuckling grimly.

"Seems someone just challenged us to a fight."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:22 pm 
Baron of Newgate

"Surprise, surprise..."

"Eilkhan, can you look around here for secret doors and traps? I am think that we have missed something..."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:19 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Eilkhan nods and steps forward to examine the curved alcove with the writing, putting on her leather gloves before actually touching the ice-cold wall. After about three minutes of searching, she points at the bottom center of the wall, where it joins the floor: "Look what we have here!".
You all can see a stone, protruding slightly from the surrounding wall. "It can be pushed inside", adds Eilkhan, "but let me search for traps before we do anything." Kneeling before the wall, the thief examines the stone and the surrounding wall carefully. "There's a tiny gap between wall and floor along the whole length of the alcove. I suppose that the wall will either rise or sink into the ground when the stone is pushed. Aside from that, I couldn't find anything that hints at a trap, so..." Eilkhan gets up again and removes her gloves, "I'm slowly freezing here. Any more precautions, or shall I push the stone inward?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:16 am 
Baron of Newgate

"I am ready."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:31 pm 
Boxed

"Yes, let's go", says Kherim.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:33 pm 
Fear me, I am Admin!

"Do it!"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:47 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Eilkhan pushes the stone into the wall, and - activates a trap!

A portion of the curved wall before you slides upward, revealing a floorless room behind it. Yet as this occurs, the floor beneath your feet tilts downward in an instand, turning into a steep chute that lets all of you slide down into the pit before you.

OOC: Please make a ST with DEX adjustments to see whether you're able to jump off the slide in time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:45 pm 
Boxed

Kherim, unmodified ST:
1d20 = 6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4786900/

Ahi, unmodified ST:
1d20 = 12
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4786907/

(add +2 from Paladin, maybe +2 from Bless and Prayer?)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:51 am 
Baron of Newgate

Sol's ST 1d20+1 = 11

Please add an adjustment for bless and prayer if they are still active.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next