[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Wayfarer's Inn • View topic - OOC thread

The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 209  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:17 pm 
Baron of Newgate

FYI, Sol is now at 75 hp (out of 110 at full health), so he is still down 35 hp.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:42 pm 
Boxed

Then I retrace what I said. Maybe it is not worth spending a Heal for that. Have we committed to those casts? I had called in the In Character thread to suspend the giving of the potion to Eilkhan but then Sir C posted that she had drank it. Since that was said aloud by Ahi, I suppose that could somehow interrupt her.

If so, I can cast Heal on Eilkhan and save those resources for someone else.
Or, if Sol does not heal himself, I can heal him completely with a single Heal, and save his resources for later or for someone else.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:03 pm 
Boxed

So, anyway, without rollbacks, Ahi does this:

4 cure light wounds on himself:

4, 6, 4, 4 = 18
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4312076/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4312078/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4312080/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4312081/

1 cure critical and 1 cure serious on Eilkhan

13, 10 = 23
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4312084/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4312086/

1 Heal on Sol, but every healing spell/potion that Sol cast on himself goes to waste.
Heals to total - 4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4312092/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:52 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Hit points updated for everyone. Please go on with the main thread if you wish.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:19 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Guys,

I'm in Berlin for two days and will find time for posting again on thursday or friday.

Take care,

Andreas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:38 pm 
Boxed

No problem, Greg. But the Heal is a very powerful spell, indeed the most powerful healing spell of a cleric. It heals a character up to its maximum hit points, except 1d4. So, Sol really got the worst he could be after the real. Ahi only had 1 Heal memorized, as it is a 6th level spell and I had 2 slots for other important things. I will change in the next choice of spells to have 2 of those.

But as you see, if Ahi happens to have a Heal memorized, I would like to give it to the person most afflicted, and in that case she shouldn't be healed at all before the Heal, because that will be wasted magic, potions or spells that could have been used to heal someone else. If you are at 30 or 90, a single Heal will put you back at nearly maximum hit points.

Maybe next time we can be more effective, and spare potions and spells later on.

For reference, Ahi is now at less than half his healing ability. He has about 4 cure light wounds, and maybe 2 cure serious. No cure criticals nor Heals available anymore, but as long as we reach the end of the next combat alive, he's got something that should protect them enough during a resting period, hopefully.

That is, because now we need to decide if we go on or if we rest again for spells. Personally, I don't like to rest after every combat, but with an encounter taking at least half our resources, it does not become easy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:03 pm 
Baron of Newgate

I didn't know how the heal works, so I assumed that it did 1d4 since that was what you rolled. My lack of knowledge. I have only played OD&D and 3.5 and most of the 3.5 as these play by post games where you don't necessarily see the mechanics as a player. I should have looked it up in the rule book, though, as the spells seem to be mostly the same from edition to edition. I tend to try to be totally self reliant; probably a character flaw when it comes to teamwork...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:39 pm 
Boxed

Nevermind, this just makes things go better in the future :)
Now, regarding the game, shall we try and see what is in the next room, or just camp here again?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:26 pm 
Baron of Newgate

I am inclined to think it would be best to recover our spells. This is a new revelation for me. In the past, I would have pushed on immediately, but that is how we got into the scrape where we lost Ivid and Elmo...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:12 pm 
Boxed

True enough. But then, this is a special dungeon.
I have a feeling that we must be very near the end, but precisely because of that we should not be reckless.
The only thing that worries me is the statue on the other side of the room and the tunnel we just now opened.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 209  Next