[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Wayfarer's Inn • View topic - OOC thread

The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 209  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC thread
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:43 am 
Boxed

But that gives an idea: if all fighters leave the pit and rahotep stays there, Gaderon can bomb him with whatever he has.

A time-honoured tactic for Wizards is: Fly - Fireball.

Levitate might work just as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:35 pm 
Fear me, I am Admin!

I LIKE YOUR WAY OF THINKING DR STRANGELOVE

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:08 pm 
Boxed

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:41 pm 
Baron of Newgate

Sol should be able to hold the line with Rahotep while Kherim and Ahi leave the pit. Then, the next round, grab the rope and start climbing out, while Gaderon starts attacking Rahotep with his spells.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:32 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Back home. :)

Ail, will you provide a spell failure roll for Ahi's Sunburst? I also need to know what Ahi will do in the upcoming round before I can post again.

And I need to know what Gaderon is about to do, once his limited wish goes off (or not).

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:31 pm 
Boxed

Hi Sir C,

invisible castle is down. Do you know what other roller I can use? Or maybe you can roll for me. Is this an unmodified 100% roll?
Regarding actions, if we agree on the tactics, then Ahi will leave the pit after his spell goes off. If Kherim can leave the pit in the same round as Ahi, then he will do it and dump the holy water in the next round. If not, he will do the best he can with holy water in this round.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:55 pm 
Boxed

As a total side topic, I just botched my presence in another game I am playing. I tried to start a tactical discussion for the last boss fight, and it came across as arrogant and trying to tell others what to do. Plus, I did make some mistakes in analysis. Now, there is one player saying he is disgusted and abandoning his position in the fight with many others that have not spoken but probably are very annoyed.

I have apologized and I am keeping silent now, no need to keep apologizing to exhaustion, but I fear that my call to a tactical discussion actually may have had the opposite effect and will ruin any collaboration in the team.
I do have to learn from this and to moderate my way of saying things, but do you have any advice for me?

Thank you all.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:01 am 
Fear me, I am Admin!

Not gonna lie, brother, you *have* a tendency to lecture people on the use of their characters; now, it has never really bothered me, or I would have kicked you in the shin.

Now, the difference between our game, and, say, a Ravenloft game, is quite simply that people put different weight on their character autonomy and their character development. - Here, right now, we're (no offense to Clarence, of course) playing a pretty straightforward dungeon crawler, a game that directly relies on people working as a tactical unit. So, tactical discussion is fine. In other games, where the story aspect is more important, though, this can come off in a very bad way.

That said, I wouldn't give too much about whatever nerdy meltdowns some blenderhead might have, especially online. "Disgusted" about a difference of opinion in D&D game? - Really? I envy that person for the obvious lack of other problems in his or her life.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:55 am 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Ail,

It's an unmodified 50%, and you can make the roll with your dice, if you wish. I generally trust in the honesty of my players.

To your other question: Tactical discussions in combat situations are bread & butter talk in each and every D&D game that I know. And making suggestions what other characters might do belongs to this. So far, I have never had any issues with this in my games, unless there are players who come over with tactics for other characters before the players of said characters had a chance to say what they think their character should do. Waiting for others to make statements before one chimes in is the key, I think. Although I must admit that this is way easier when you sit at the table together than in a messageboard game.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:57 pm 
Boxed

Rafe, thank you for being honest. Maybe I just got carried away with the absence of any problem here. Yes, I will try and temper that down a bit. They say that good friends tell you your problems in the face, and I appreciate it. Makes you improve. :)

But your choice of word was interesting. I *have* been a lecture for quite a few years ;-)

Incidentally, that other game was over at Paizo, and is also a dungeon crawl.

Sir C:
Regarding the roll, I got a 56 in 1d100 roll.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 209  Next