[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Wayfarer's Inn • View topic - OOC thread

The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 209  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:15 am 
Boxed

Ok, I will have to post my spells here yet in the right thread. Then we should do a battle plan. I suggest we take a Heroes' Feast wherever we are before moving there. It lasts about half a day, I guess, so no need to hurry.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:42 am 
Boxed

Stupid me, I closed the window before submitting the post.

I've updated my spells.

Now, the battle plan. BEFORE going anywhere, Ahi will cast Heroes' Feast on the group. Then, Ahi and Kherim will cast Resist Fire on everyone. This takes 15 seconds. I'd like to know, Sir C, how much is 1 turn? I remember there was something like 1 turn = 1 minute = 10 rounds in AD&D, but I'm not sure anymore and I'd like a refresh on this.

As long as we all stay close to Kherim, we have a Protection from Evil on. However, the group may need to split, so I recommend another Protection from Evil 10' centered on someone that should not be near Kherim.

We can draw the creature out with Chain Lightning, I think. But that will arc back to the nearest subject which may be the caster . That should be cast only after we see there is another point that can draw the attack. This can be animal, vegetal or mineral, so if there are sufficient objects in the area (like the throne itself?!) that could establish a powerful closed arc between creature and object. That would be our best scenario.

It will probably avoid much damage because of spell resistance, but something must get in! Also, it must have the capacity to summon creatures and harry us from away. I think we can try to deal with them with Fireball, Ice Storms (favourable, especially if affecting the creature too) and Dispel Evil.

Besides this, I can't really say, safe that the idea is to avoid as much as possible to enter the area of the big baddy.

Sir C, do Flame Walk and Resist Fire stack? If so, Flame Walk will also be cast before. It is an area spell and can encompass the whole party.

And that's it for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 pm 
Champion of Ezra

1 turn is ten minutes if I am not mistaken.

Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:49 pm 
Champion of Ezra

I think we should also try Banishment first! Then go kick or attempt to kick some Demon azz!

Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:17 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:26 am 
Boxed

Still, Flame Walk is not for magic fires, it seems to me. What exactly is a magic fire? The result of a spell? Something burning without combustible?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:22 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Magic fires are breath weapons, spell affects, creatures abilities, magic item effects. Stuff like that. Basically, you can say that everything that doesn't exist in real life is regarded as magical fire.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:10 pm 
Boxed

But say a fireball ignites some wood or someone summons fire to light a brazier, then it is real fire, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:44 am 
The Admin's Gamemaster

That's how I understand it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:48 am 
Boxed

Ok then.

I propose we do a Heroes' Feast where we are now. It takes 1 hour to eat everything, but after that we have 12 hours of Bless, immunity to poison, fear, hopelessness and panic. Everyone can heal 1d4+4 hp too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 209  Next