[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Wayfarer's Inn • View topic - OOC thread

The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 209  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC thread
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:48 pm 
Boxed

Yes, well, I am just waiting to know if Greg likes my suggestions and if everybody else agrees that we should retire to some place else.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:15 pm 
Baron of Newgate

I am good with your suggested changes to Gaderon's spells. What does Symbol do? And how do the vocalize, Cloudkill and death spells work?

So, the plan is to leave the room, crawl back through the low tunnel, meditate/rest and then return to take this guy down?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:38 am 
Boxed

My suggestion would be to teleport to some safe place away from him, meditate and then come back.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:05 am 
Boxed

Vocalize: allows the wizard to cast a spell in silence, when he needs stealth or is affected by a silence spell. I'm thinking of the second situation here. But it only lasts 5 rounds

Cloudkill: generates a toxic cloud 40' wide, 20' deep and 20' high. Any creature with less than 4+1 hit dice is killed; creatures up to 5+1 hit dice must save vs poison at -4, and creatures up to 6 hd must save vs poison normally, or be killed. Any creature staying in the cloud for more than 1 round, even having 7 HD or more, takes 1d10 damage on the second and following rounds.

This spell was chosen to deal with eventual minions.

Death: slays creatures in the area instantly and irrevocably (can this mean that no ressurrection is possible? If so, I must plan for such a spell from our enemy). Number of creatures that can be slain: <2HD: 4d20; 2-4HD: 3d10; 4+1-6+3HD: 2d4; 6+4-8+3: 1d4. Material component is a crushed black pearl valued 1000gp or more.

It serves the same purpose as cloudkill, so perhaps you don't want to have both spells.

Symbol: a symbol is inscribed in a surface and will affect creatures that pass over, touch, read or pass through it. There are several symbols with different effects:

- Death: one or more creatures are slain, to a total of 80Hd
- Discord: creatures in the group fall bickering against each other. Creatures of different alignment may attack each other
- Fear: all creatures must save vs fear at -4
- Hopelessness: creatures must save vs spell or flee in despair, or submit to the caster
- Insanity: up to 120hd of creatures become insane and confused
- Pain: all creatures are affected and have -2 on DEX and -4 on attack rolls for 2d20 turns
- Sleep: all creatures under 8+1HD fall asleep for d12+4 turns
- Stunning: up to 160HD of creatures are stunned and drop what they carry for 3d4 rounds

I noticed that I may have let something slip in the highest levels. I forgot to add quantities for certain spells. Note that those inside brackets or without a number are suggestions that I later retired for some reason. For example, Banishment is worthless if we don't know the true name of the creature. And between Forcecage and Volley, I might favour Forcecage. Volley is nasty in that it rebounds a spell between caster and target until one of them fails to save.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:24 pm 
Baron of Newgate

Thanks for all the information! I am a novice magic user and totally unfamiliar with this version of D&D.

Gaderon has two teleport spells, but he can only teleport himself and one other person at a time. The second one will be useless for this. He and Sol could cover the retreat of the others and then teleport to where we are going to rest once everyone else is safely out.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:06 pm 
Boxed

By the way, I don't know the spells by heart, but Sir C did give me a PDF with all spells (well, apparently... I found one that is missing). I can mail it to you if you like.

Hmmm... I was hoping it coudl teleport more. Then perhaps we should all stay together.
Regarding what the spell description says, I don't see any limit on number of people per se. But there is a limit on weight which is cumbersome enough to make me stop this post and go compute the result.

I don't know his true level, but if Gaderon is level 16, then he can port up to 8500gp weigth, which seems to be 850lbs. That surely does not cover the whole party, but seems to be more than 2 people. This probably must include himself and everyone's gear. So, does anyone have an estimate of how much each of us weighs?

Note: I still think we should all retreat together.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:50 am 
Baron of Newgate

I didn't know the rules on it, but thought it was one other person when we were discussing Gaderon's teleporting the creature in the maze to the room with the two statues. 850 lbs should allow him to teleport four or five of us. Sol, Kherim and Elmo are probably the heaviest. I never tried to figure out Sol's weight or the weight of his equipment. His armor is mithral, so it is much lighter then normal.

So, if Ivid, Eilkhan and Elmo went out thru the tunnel, once they are safe, Gaderon could teleport out himself, Sol, Kherim and Ahi, who would be covering the retreat. Does that seem reasonable?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:17 pm 
Boxed

I think we just should walk all togeher. Takes the same time and is safer.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:26 pm 
Champion of Ezra

Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:28 am 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Back. :)

Greg, you're right about that teleporting limitation, but it concerned the dimension door spell back then. Teleport can transport more, but certainly not your whole group, unless you all discard heavy equipment like armor or stuffed backpacks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 209  Next