The Comeback Inn
Tech Gear from the FFC - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Blackmoor Discussions (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Tech Gear from the FFC (/showthread.php?tid=272)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tech Gear from the FFC - Havard - 02-14-2010

BLACKPOWDER WEAPONS
  • Arquebus
  • Pistol
  • Shot

HI TECH WEAPONS
  • Lightning Bolt Thrower
  • Fireball Thrower

HI TECH EQUIPMENT (see pages 74, 87 and 88 in the FFC)
  • Illusion Projector (Creates illusory 3D images)
  • Skimmer / aka Water Machine (Transport across water, marshes etc)
  • Transporter, Dimensional
  • Transporter, Time
  • Transporter, Flyer /aka Flying Machine (Similar to Flying Eggs descriped in DA2?)
  • Fighting Machine (Similar to Supp II's Battle Armor? If so: AC 3, Move 12", Str/Dex increased to 18(00), fly, underwater survival, protection agains various magical effects, see Supp II p 34)
  • Teleporter
  • Borer (Digs through earth)
  • Screener (Creates barrier protecting against magic, energy, light etc)
  • Communicator (Similar to Rings described in Supp II p 34)
  • Tricorder (Gives information about the physical properties of any object)
  • Battery Power
  • Medical Unit (Heals all wounds, but target cannot leave before 24 hrs have passed. Also described in Supp II p 34)
  • Entertainer (user is rendered helpless for 1d10 hours, but is rested and gains increased combat ability)
  • Generator
  • Educator (Teaches user to operate tech devices)
  • Robots (Some are hostile)
  • Controllers (Allows control of Robots)

Books, Manuscripts and Maps
  • Technical Manuals

SWORDS OF BLACKMOOR
  • Red Sword
  • White (Silver) Sword
  • Blue Sword
  • Purple Sword
  • Green Sword
  • Gold Sword
  • Gray Sword
  • Pink Sword
  • Yellow Sword
  • Black Sword
  • Maroon Sword
  • Law Sword
  • Chaos Sword
  • Neutral Sword
  • Holy Sword

Some of these items may actually be more traditional magic items, but most of them do have tech sounding names. I wonder what they all do and what they look like....

Havard

- aldarron - 02-14-2010

The "lightning bolt thrower" is a laser gun - don't remember if that ref is from FCC or ToTF/suppII.

I assume that the fire ball thrower is a wwII style flame thrower, but there's no ref for that AFAIK.

Much of the rest of those are Star Trek inspired. But some of the machines are mysteries (water machine for ex.)

I think you missed the fighting machine on your list. I think this one owes somenting to a "Dune" influence. I don't recal ever seeing DA mention Dune though. There also seems to be a Dune influence in the DA series in terms of the political roles (academic spy masters, royal swordmasters, Afridhi etc.) but that could come from Ritchie I suppose. I never noticed anything else, tech wise, that seemed like a Dune inspired device.

- Havard - 02-14-2010

Aldarron Wrote:The "lightning bolt thrower" is a laser gun - don't remember if that ref is from FCC or ToTF/suppII.

Brilliant! I think that might be from SuppII. It makes a lot of sense to cross reference those to for this topic though.

Quote:I assume that the fire ball thrower is a wwII style flame thrower, but there's no ref for that AFAIK.

That was my guess as well. The Aliens II flame thrower would make for a cool visual as well I suppose.

Quote:Much of the rest of those are Star Trek inspired. But some of the machines are mysteries (water machine for ex.)

With the Water machine, I assumed it was supposed to say Water Transport, being some sort of water vessel. I might be wrong though.

Quote:I think you missed the fighting machine on your list. I think this one owes somenting to a "Dune" influence. I don't recal ever seeing DA mention Dune though.

I cant find it on that list, but it might be elsewhere?

Quote: There also seems to be a Dune influence in the DA series in terms of the political roles (academic spy masters, royal swordmasters, Afridhi etc.) but that could come from Ritchie I suppose. I never noticed anything else, tech wise, that seemed like a Dune inspired device.

I love the Dune novels, so that works well for me. I always imagined the Peshwa to play a similar role to that of the Fremen...

Havard

- aldarron - 02-14-2010

Its in a random table in the loch gloomen section of the FFC:
"••• Crystall Ball 9, Teleportation Machine 4, Flying Machine 3, Fighting Machine 10, Water Machine 11, "Special Devices 12 + 2. Ancient Books
and Manuscrips 8 + 5, Stores of Normal Weapons 1, Clothing 6, etc."

There's also a mention of an ancient "war machine" serving the egg of coot that might be the same sort of thing. Smile

- Havard - 02-15-2010

Aldarron Wrote:Its in a random table in the loch gloomen section of the FFC:
"••• Crystall Ball 9, Teleportation Machine 4, Flying Machine 3, Fighting Machine 10, Water Machine 11, "Special Devices 12 + 2. Ancient Books
and Manuscrips 8 + 5, Stores of Normal Weapons 1, Clothing 6, etc."

Ah! I was looking at the next page. Thanks! Water machine could mean a machine for travelling across water, or under it, or it could be one producing/pumping water?

A fighting machine; combat armor perhaps? Or something more like a tank? I'm getting this even more so with the war machine...

Question: the items from your quite are taken from the Gloomey section, whereas the list I was using appears under Bleakwood. Would you read this to be understood as what kind of items appear in each region?

-Havard

- aldarron - 02-15-2010

Havard Wrote:A fighting machine; combat armor perhaps? Or something more like a tank? I'm getting this even more so with the war machine...

Tank maybe, but with a computer at the control. Another idea I was thinking was maybe something more like a combat robot with lots of weaponry, perhaps all of the hand to hand variety or a mix with lasers, flame thowers and rocket grenades. Maybe the war machine is a bigger, smarter version.

Havard Wrote:Question: the items from your quite are taken from the Gloomey section, whereas the list I was using appears under Bleakwood. Would you read this to be understood as what kind of items appear in each region?
-Havard

Yes and no. Since these lists were prepared at different times I think they can be taken as what Dave imagined when designing the location of some of what you could find in the area. But I don't think Dave would have meant them to be exclusionary. I mean that I don't think he would have objected to someone putting a fighting machine somewhere in Bleakwood.

- Havard - 02-16-2010

Aldarron Wrote:Tank maybe, but with a computer at the control. Another idea I was thinking was maybe something more like a combat robot with lots of weaponry, perhaps all of the hand to hand variety or a mix with lasers, flame thowers and rocket grenades. Maybe the war machine is a bigger, smarter version.

DA3 has alot of different Robots and such that may be used here...

Quote:Yes and no. Since these lists were prepared at different times I think they can be taken as what Dave imagined when designing the location of some of what you could find in the area. But I don't think Dave would have meant them to be exclusionary. I mean that I don't think he would have objected to someone putting a fighting machine somewhere in Bleakwood.

That makes sense. So in theory we could compile a list of all of these items along with those from the sword matrix to make one big list of magic items/tech as a kind of treasure table to be used anywhere in the Blackmoor setting?

Havard

- aldarron - 02-16-2010

Havard Wrote:That makes sense. So in theory we could compile a list of all of these items along with those from the sword matrix to make one big list of magic items/tech as a kind of treasure table to be used anywhere in the Blackmoor setting?

Havard

Absolutely. Great idea. Smile

Re: - Havard - 12-15-2013

Aldarron Wrote:Absolutely. Great idea. Smile

Getting back to this now Smile

-Havard

Re: Tech Gear from the FFC - RobJN - 12-15-2013

I should compile a list of the magitech (and its RW equivalent) available in the Throne of Stars campaign, one of these days....