The Comeback Inn
The lands outside of Blackmoor, again - Printable Version

+- The Comeback Inn (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums)
+-- Forum: The Garnet Room - Blackmoor General Forum (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Blackmoor Discussions (https://blackmoor.mystara.us/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The lands outside of Blackmoor, again (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

Pages: 1 2

The lands outside of Blackmoor, again - Rafael - 05-14-2012

Hi all,

So, another question for the experts: Do we actually know something about the lands outside of Blackmoor, apart from Blackmoor's immediate vicinity?

I am not talking the C&C map, or Mystara, or the Wilderlands, I am saying, did the original gaming group have any concept of what was behind the borders of their "known world"?

Of course, I have a few ideas myself, but I am curious if there is anything my fellow D&D archeologists have dug out.

Yours,

Rafe

Re: The lands outside of Blackmoor, again - Havard - 05-14-2012

So information from the DA modules is not of interest in this thread?

-Havard

Re: The lands outside of Blackmoor, again - Rafael - 05-14-2012

Is there any? Like, I think the info from DA 1 and DA 4 was something you traditionally used for the GK alone.

I think there are two or three cryptic footnotes one could use from Supplement II, but I don't have any of my books here in Spain...

Le Noir Faineant Wrote:Is there any? Like, I think the info from DA 1 and DA 4 was something you traditionally used for the GK alone.

I think there are two or three cryptic footnotes one could use from Supplement II, but I don't have any of my books here in Spain...

There is plenty of information in the DA modules on the lands beyond Blackmoor. The Vales, the Afridhi Empire, the Skandaharian Jarldoms, Frisia, Cirkhosia, the lands of the Kurgans etc. Its all mentioned there.

-Havard

Re: The lands outside of Blackmoor, again - Rafael - 05-14-2012

Yeah, but, don't get me wrong, but I am trying to look even beyond that.

Like, all the places you have named, as far as I understand it, are really just possible extensions of the BM map.

I'd like to peek beyond those extensions.

Like, what is beyond the sea, or on other continents?

Aha, I see what you mean now Smile

I'm curious to see what others can come up with there...

-Havard

Re: The lands outside of Blackmoor, again - aldarron - 06-06-2012

There's two moons.

Re: The lands outside of Blackmoor, again - Rafael - 06-06-2012

Anybody to say "Spelljammer" has to duel my hamster.

Re: The lands outside of Blackmoor, again - finarvyn - 06-09-2012

Le Noir Faineant Wrote:Like, what is beyond the sea, or on other continents?
I have to confess a lack of interest in this. Blackmoor is cool to me for several reasons. One: it is a fun setting. Two: it was Dave's fun setting. Hints of what might have been on the the other side of the ocean doesn't excite me unless someone actually went there and adventured.

Like "Erac's Cousin" leaving Greyhawk and adventuring on Mars. That's cool. On the other hand, when DragonLance marketed a boxed set of "the other continent where cool stuff didn't happen" I didn't buy a copy because the fun stuff was what attracted me to the setting in the first place.

Does that make sense? Am I being too grumpy? :?

Re: The lands outside of Blackmoor, again - Rafael - 06-10-2012

I was more interested in the overall grasp of the world - if there was something like a concept of the cultural diversion
or the world geography prior to the C&C society. But indeed, it has little enough impact on the game itself.

The thing is, I am working on a certain setting on my own, and while it has little enough
to do with the world of Blackmoor as it is, I would love to place it on the same planet, at least.

So, probably have one or two small references in there, but nothing more.

Now, that the setting itself will have dozens of small nods to our game here, is an understatement, of course... :wink:

By the way, this is not a simple pipe dream, or whatever. First draft is finished, and resting here on my desk.
Once I have a less troublesome schedule, I'll look to get this going for realz...